Vinnie and Randy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie and Randy

Hey hey. Years ago in guitar world, 1987 or so. Vinnie Vincent claimed to have a RR1 that was made for Randy before he dies. I think he said he got it off of Grover in a "moment of confusion" or something like that at a NAAM show. I don't remember all the details. Does anybody know if this is true? If it is what happened to it? Seems like that would be the most coveted Jackson ever. Or did Vinnie just talk **** like he always does?
    LATER!!!
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Re: Vinnie and Randy

Vinnie i guess says he still has one that belonged to Randy, but Tim wilson, Grover and Mike shannon say no way! Randys gtr's were nothing but blanks when he died, they werent ever gtrs of any shape,they halted everything till randy could come by and finalize the specs for it. Did he get one around that time? maybe but Randys, impossible!

Comment

I think he's talking about the one that got away at NAMM that I believe Grover's wife actually sold. I don't think anyone knows what happened to it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey hey. Yes that is the one that I heard about. Was it Randys? Can you imagian how much that would be worth right now? Crazy money. What does Delores do with Randys stuff? Is it just hiden away?
        LATER!!!
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Man, I wish I had the missing link rhoads, that guitar is like a gold mine you'd never want to tap into.

Comment

yes, vv claims that his pink rhoads was one originally intended for randy.... it was a blank at the time, like brad said. vv also told me that he ordered it in pink. he's not too far off from his claim, really, but it's no more "randy's guitar" than the namm rhoads was.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey hey. Now we all have seen Randys Jacksons many times but, the one he was having made for him before he died-was there anthing different about it? Was he doing something new with it? Anybody know this?
              LATER!!!
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

nope.

when he died, the 4 other guitars that were intended for him were simply body blanks...that's it. although they were later finished, it wasn't necessarily to his specs.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

the one that rob lane had is suppose to be #3 and randy did have a gtr in the works that was suppose to have a trem, and one other was going to be white and anouther blk. and the one that was finished i was told was the 4th?

Comment

Mike said they were even hardly blanks, one i think had a start to it the others werent even that, not even glued, i'll rack his brain next time we talk

Comment

According to the info that was gathered about the 83 NAMM Rhoads during the JCF01 project, when Randy died, the 83 was just body blanks. No shape, no initial cuttings, etc etc - basically just an idea and I think there was a written/drawn plan of the specs (neck profile, etc). I haven't played an LTD, and can't say how close they and the PCS models are to Randy's personal guitars, but if they are accurate to his in neck profile, and the JCF01 is identical to the 83 NAMM, then I would say the biggest difference is the neck profile itself.
                      But, like I said, that's just based on the info gathered during the JCF01 project.
                      Tim (BroFF) once said he knew where the 'missing' 83's were.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well, having played #009 and knowing randy's penchant for playing les pauls and also previously owning 493, i think it's pretty safe to say the necks should feel more like a les paul, quite a bit thicker and rounder than the modern jackson neck profiles...009 played very similar to a les paul...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

So then what exactly is the one that Grover claims his wife sold off by accident?

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                            vv also told me that he ordered it in pink.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have also heard you mention other band members you have known (mostly Winger or LA Guns style bands) What were you up to in the 80's.Did you work for a radio station or did you open for some of these bands or something? Sounds kinda interesting.

Comment

Jesus, look at the last date of the original posting of this thread. It's exactly a year later!! Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!!! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X