Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Single Coils

Hi,
    I have a somewhat stupid question, but please don't shoot me...

I'm looking for some information on the single coils in my Dinky. Did Jackson made different kinds of them? How are they quality-wise? I mean, I don't have any experiences with other brands of single coils so can't compare. Can they be compared to some Seymour Duncan sc's? I do like the sound of them but they have a rather low output in comparisation to the TB4 I use in the guitar too. I know there's a difference in output between sc and humbuckers, but have they lower output than a 'brand'-single coil,...?
    Anything you could tell me appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Bjorn

Re: Jackson Single Coils

It would depend on the Dinky model and what year it was made. I have left the stock singles in all of my import Jacksons over the years, because I use singles for clean playing, and the Jackson pickups are fine for that.
    sigpic

Comment

PCS Dinky 1994

Comment

You probably have the Jackson J-100 single coils. They are a "vintage output" type single coil. The output is generally low, a Duncan STK-1 is like three times the ohms, but that's not always a good indicator for pickup output. The main thing when mixing a Jackson USA pickup with Duncans (and most other makes) is to get the polarity correct. Usually all you have to do is switch the black and green wire on the Duncan...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

If the pole pieces can be seen its a J 100 which tend to be "darker" sounding than say a strat single but a great clean sounding pickup.Covered pickup will be a J 200.Still a very nice clean sound.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X