Redundant Model 6 wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundant Model 6 wiring question

If this has been posted, my apologies.....

Could anyone direct me to a link on how to wire a Model 6 with the tree mini-toggles? I know I am going to have a tad bit of wiring to do on axtogrind's old axe to grind. Although I do contemplate leaving the 'HONK'.

I think I want to eliminate the active circuitry all together and make it a volume, tone, '?' ... and what to do with the '???' 3 mini-toggles '???' still baffles me.....

So actually I need ideas too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Redundant Model 6 wiring question

When I got it, it was wired with three volume pots (one for each pup) and the three toggles were kill switches for each pup. Simple, left all the holes in place, didn't require any new drilling...

I'm told that the J200 stacked pups (the neck and middle pickup) were designed for the boost, and don't sound well without it. So you may find that you want to swap them if you don't like the way they sound when the circuit is removed.

Just some thoughts...
    Karl
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Re: Redundant Model 6 wiring question

The J-200's sound ok without the boost. If you don't really want to use the switches, you can just leave them in there to fill up the holes and not wire them to anything. Or you could install some christmas lights and use the switches to turn them on and off.

Comment

Working...
      X