question about string-thru w/TOM bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about string-thru w/TOM bridge

when a guitar has this configuration, do they angle the neck backwards like on a non-recessed floyd? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: question about string-thru w/TOM bridge

Yes.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Typically yes, but Carvin has a newish design where the bridge is sunk into the body and the neck and body can be parallel with each other.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Typically yes, but Carvin has a newish design where the bridge is sunk into the body and the neck and body can be parallel with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Well, Carvin's always been like that with the straight neck. They've just always used a lower profile bridge. Now they've got the bridge recessed because some people were complaining that they were bottoming the bridge out on the body with the old design and still couldn't get their action low enough.
        Jacksons and other brands have the tilted neck for the TOM/string-thru or TOM/stoptail design and Carvin is the only one I know of that doesn't.

Comment

So does that mean that Carvin uses recessed Floyds, then?

Comment

Carvin's floyds are recessed, yes. I don't think I've ever seen an unrecessed floyd from Carvin.

Comment

I've never seen a non-recessed Floyd from Carvin either.

Actually, I bought two Original Floyds from them in the mid-'90s... a chrome one for an old Yamaha I had and a black one for my old Kramer I still have. I don't remember about the chrome one, but the black one is the middle size that's 37mm instead of the normal 32mm typically used on Jacksons and other guitars that are recessed. I'm not sure if Carvins have always used that size or still use them or what. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] And, of course, the longer 42mm is used on guitars with no recess.

Comment

the import roswells have recessed TOM bridges.

just thought i'd add that for no real reason.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

but it doesn't mean it affects playability, like you can still have as low action and whatnot as you can with a recessed floyd right?

Comment

Working...
                  X