sticky threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky threads

don't you think it's too much of them in here?
    sure it does make sense, so these threads aren't discussed new every week, but this much on one page have the clear disadvantage that a new thread is degraded to second page within a couple of hours...
    I think this reduces the number of replies, since I guess some folks (at least me) are too lazy usually to read thru all the pages when each one does take many valuable seconds to load... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

all the stickys in sub-forum directly might be great for newbies and once in a while visitors, but these who visit the forum frequently might have seen that stuff often enough...

wouldn't it be better to put the stickys in an extra folder inside the sub-forum and put a notice in the forum rules to look there first?

and further it would be fun to rebuke all these who ask stickys again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

your thoughts?
    It's sad seeing always the same stuff on page one and comparable new threads on page two and three, each having a great chance to be missed by the majority here...
    what do you think?

best regards///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: sticky threads

You have the option to display all posts from the previous 24 hours. That may make it easier for you.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

There's 30 threads per page... only 7 are sticky on the first so if somethings on page 3 then the majority isn't really interested in the first place. Some good stuff may slither on to page 2 but thats nothing you can really control anyway.

Comment

wow, it's 7 to three on my screen...
        but I didn't change any settings I think?!?

Comment

I just checked and the default is 20, I guess I set mine to 30 at some point.

Comment

Go to "My Home" near the top of the screen underneath the Easton banner, scroll down until you see "Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors..." next to your avatar, look to the immediate right to see the corresponding "Edit" link, click it, scroll down until you see "Total parent posts to show per page: (default is 20)", and change the numerical value to whatever you wish. Then go to the bottom and click "Submit". Done!

Comment

wow, this was way easier than expected...
              excuse my ignorance, I simply can't remember to have changed that stuff to such an anoying standart. since the forum was redone I felt bugged by the layout... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              thx///

Comment

Working...
              X