Joyous Overeating and Football Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyous Overeating and Football Day

Being what appears to be one of only a few bassplayers that use this board, I wanted to post my holiday greetings here, HAPPY TURKEY DAY to all of my four string brethren and your loved ones. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Re: Joyous Overeating and Football Day

Right back atcha! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Agreed - Happy Bird Day to all us guys and gals who have callouses on BOTH sets of fingertips [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good to see nobody is playing with a pick! Gobble Gobble. Happy Turkey day. Oh yeah, and beer too.

Comment

don't speak too soon about a pick! i use one at times, depends on the song. newc, when did you become a bass player full time? lol
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Ouch! I usually have a bass around. Not now though, I traded it in for a strat I wanted. I used to play bass quite a bit. No pick in these hands. I studied classical guitar in college and it helped my bass playing a lot.

Comment

Pea - I didn't, and they'll never take me alive [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Of course, they'll never get my bass away from me either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              And I use a pick very often on bass as well - because I CAN [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

sorry jazzman, i use my fingers most of the time but i started out with a pick. big ass fender heavy triangles,(first band was thrash). i can see where the classical training would help left and right hand technique. do you and newc, really want to play guitar instead of bass? lol [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

If I could find a 6-string bass that didn't look like a deformed tooth or one of those wacky squashes, I'd probably switch to bass, but play it like a guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

I think it's fun to play either one.

Comment

Working...
                    X