Blood Drip's: How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Drip's: How do you do it?

I recently picked up a star project from Subvamp and have been working on what my paint scheme will be. At the moment I am thinking about a blood drip like this.

It seems simple enough to do but are there any tips or gotchas I should think about when doing this? I figure you get a good black base coat and then a shot of clear and a wetsand. My blood drip pattern is actually two patterns. A fine line slash of blood under the main blood drip. I would do the fine line with a very thin brush and then spray clear over it and wetsand. Then do the blood drip by dripping the paint on and rotating the body at various angles to get different drip patterns. Then wetsand, more clear, wetsand, buff and shine.

Am I way off base here or is there something else I should be aware of?

Thanks
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Blood Drip\'s: How do you do it?

or, just print out that pic and glue it to the top.

Comment

I have a white Model 2 I re-shaped and re-apinted. I am just going to cover or remove the neck and hardware and throw red paint on it. Let it dry. Then re-assemble and play. If the red paint starts to chip off, well, scabs fall off too, so it would look extra real. That or I was thinking of just opening a vein and do my own blood drip on it. No joke. I bleed all the damn time anyways, might as well let it drip on a guitar as opposed to just soak it in a paper towel. Maybe fingerpaint a pentagram or something. It'll keep assh0les from borrowing my guitar anyways.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          just opening a vein and do my own blood drip on it. No joke. I bleed all the damn time anyways, might as well let it drip on a guitar as opposed to just soak it in a paper towel. Maybe fingerpaint a pentagram or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't the blood turn brown after drying? Or would you shoot clear over it while it's still wet? That'd sure be a unique graphic! ACTUAL Blood Drip! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've heard of an "oxblood" guitar. Was that real ox's blood splattered onto the guitar?

I've also heard of Vai's DNA series JEMs where a small amount of his blood was mixed into the paint that would go on this series.

Comment

Oxblood is a color. Angus Young's SG is supposedly "Oxblood". I've also heard of Oxblood Red Hush Puppies(shoes). Since the shoes were leather, I would asume at least that there is traces of cow's blood in there. I really don't think that having any of Steve Vai's "DNA" in your guitar is gonna make you a better player. I would actually use enough blood to paint. And yes, it would turn brown and flake off. But at least it would be real!! If anyone was like, "dude, that blood drip looks so fake", I'd have two words for them. "Taste it".

Comment

I would get a doctor to pull blood and put my own blood on it. Just like Kiss did in the 70's for their comic book when they put their blood in the red ink! Is that too sick?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'd have two words for them. "Taste it".

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh! If they did, you'd know they're hardcore! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Tardcore.

Comment

Maybe I'll just beat someone with the guitar and leave their blood on it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Tardcore.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think I've run into a couple of those guys. Ever heard of a guy calls himself "Lord Mordor" ?

Comment

I couldn't wait to beat someone. I was gonna break my nose, but Thanksgiving is Thursday, and I don't want to show up to dinner with a crooked trophy on my face. So I just took the ole' Cold Steel to a patch of flesh. Now if you'll excuse me, my room smells like blood, and I need to go wash up.

Comment

jup goes brown alright

Comment

Wow. Now that's Tardcore [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Jack - Sounds like a neat way to go about it IMO - paint the "cuts" with a thin brush then pour the other coat on, letting it run wherever.
                              You can also use a rubber glove to separate the streams if one looks too thick, and you won't leave a fingerprint.

Then again, you could paint it white and do a Helter Skelter type BloodBath graphic with a big red bloody smeared handprint.

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X