Questions about my LTD Rhoads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about my LTD Rhoads.

Since i cant load pics from my site on to here, you will have to use the link below.

http://groups.msn.com/GigsnStuff/jacksonibanez.msnw

My questions are.

How do I found out which version this is. Ive seen the Original series run, and the Rose isnt the same on those as mine is.

Are there different years, or versions of this model guitar?? I was told I had #73 out 200.

[ January 28, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: LTD Jackson Rhoads ]

Re: Questions about my LTD Rhoads.

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WADYAvsZoYLAso1E18eHNetDh*8!Nl2Uu3xf8SMzhJnATGh0d m083PfA*MasyVKEy3mW901GFWJXSpr6BuzprgI0eC0zF3fPpME riiblSSend*lck0MhxeF9qsrhgWZfXQAAAP****8/Guit ar-Jackson-RR-LTD.JPG[/IMG]

To answer you simply, yes, I will buy it from you for a dollar and let you pay shipping....

Comment

Hmmm...bad URL to post images with...

Comment

I'll give you 2 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But that's not why I posted...take the '?dc=4675396101909100405' part off from the end and the url works.

edit: how is it possible to make a typo in such a short post is beyond me...

[ January 28, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Ael ]

Comment

Arrrr, I hate msn.

[ January 28, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: LTD Jackson Rhoads ]

Comment

That Floyd is correct for the original run of 200. It was made in 1992. It should have a serial no. on it which will tell you what number out of 200 you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
              That Floyd is correct for the original run of 200. It was made in 1992. It should have a serial no. on it which will tell you what number out of 200 you have.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its does, its in one of the pics at my site. It says LTD 073, so I know I have #73 out of 200. So this guitar IS from the First run. Did they put 2 different type of Tremlo`s on them then? brett8388 from THIS site bought #03, but has a different tremlo on it. Is mine out of his original run?

Comment

yes they made some with vintage style trems as well. Exact number unknown...guesstimated to be 20-30 with the vintage trem. There were 200 of LTD's made in the run. There were a few (6 or 7)custom short wing (built closer to Randy's exact specs than the LTD)as well. Also a string-thru version (one that I know of) and a NAMM one. Your's is the real deal...keep it [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Are there other runs besides this one??

Comment

You're probably thinking about that Jap RR5 they have out now - it kind of resembles an LTD from a distance. You have the real deal, and it's Floyded. The V trems generally are more desirable, but any LTD is a great guitar. Keep it or sell it to me.

Brett

Comment

As I understand it, there were some LTD's built with V trems and the majority built with Schaller/Floyds. In 97 they also built three custom shop LTD's for NAMM and I have one of those as well. It came with an Original Floyd Rose. Looks identical to the production run of LTD's but in addition says Custom Shop on the headstock.

Rudy
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

rudy, does your namm one have an RR serial?

another thing that happened with the LTD series was finish flaws that later arise, namely around the machine head area on the headstock... (does that make sense?) basically the clear pulls away and there's a slight bubble that wraps around the washer of the machine head. another thing that happened to some was yellowing, like the white les pauls.... mine looks white still, but when i take the trem cavity plate off, there's a slight creme tint to it....but not like an antique white like the jcf rhoads models.

also, about the 6 shortwing models....i don't believe that they were an actual jackson run; i'm pretty sure that it was kinda like an employee project. i could be totally wrong tho.

sully

[ January 31, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, do you know why your cavities have a cream tint to them? (Guitar cavities I mean [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

Hi Sully;

Yes, my NAMM LTD carries an RR serial number. RR2796 to be exact. It used to be in the gallery on the old Jackson website.

Rudy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X