Rio Grande HBs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Grande HBs?

What do you guys think of Rio Grande pikcups? I've got someone offering a Texas neck/BBQ bridge set and if they're any good I might throw them in my new (to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) Hamer Special FM. I can't stand bright pickups though. What do you think?

Re: Rio Grande HBs?

I haven't used them personally, but a guy whose store I frequent swears they are the best sounding pickups out there. He is a Gibson freak too, so I guess he is comparing them to PAF type HB's. They tend to be a little on the expensive side, but if you get a good deal and don't like them, I'm sure you could make your money back.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by bright (everybody's ear, amp, and needs are different), but I really liked the ones I had in a Paul.
      If the price is good, try them. You probably won't lose anything re-selling them.

Comment

Well, he already sold them. I missed out while I was in class. Stupid school, coming in the way of my G.A.S. Perhaps it's a sign to stick with my Duncans.

Comment

Hey Travis if you ever want to get rid of that Hamer, you kno who to call [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess I deserve that.

Comment

travis, the rio's are very good pups.
              the BBQ is a fatter sounding JB type,those that feel the JB is too trebley LOVE the BBQ(12.6K) it has a fat, ballsy tone and a singing voice like the JB.
              the texas is a paf type tone only thicker(read fatter)
              it is a 8.7K pup both use alnico 5 magnets

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll still keep those in mind then.

Comment

Can't go wrong witht he duncans. I hear that Distortion is real nice pickup. Somebody said it was the best metal riffing pickup ever!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Can't go wrong witht he duncans. I hear that Distortion is real nice pickup. Somebody said it was the best metal riffing pickup ever!

[/ QUOTE ]
                    yeah i heard that too? Hmmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] who said that? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

hee hee hee. Still love that lil 59 you sold me!

Comment

Glad you like it, man. It was a good pickup, just not my style.

Comment

Working...
                          X