I Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help

I'm going to be getting an RR1, but I'm still having trouble deciding on a finish for it. If anybody has a picture of an RR or a KV in silver sparkle metallic can they please post it. If not can you just give a segestion on what looks best on a RR1. Thanks.

Re: I Need Help

Check out the gallery, I believe there are a few guitars in there with those finishes.

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery

Comment

I think the main thing about the RRl is whether or not you dig the pick guard or not. Personally I find it spoils a lot of finishes, especially the graphic finishes. However some things look really good with it. For example

red with black bevels.

But check out the gallery because there are lots of Rhoads in there with different colours, you might see something you really like.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Strangely, I think the pickguard looks like @ss on most transparent finishes, because then it's chrome. But I think it looks absolutely killer in gold hardware. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I think the chrome pickguard subliminaly registers with me as too similar to a gaudy mirror finish or something. But it's very cool in gold. ...Which, of course, you can't get on a RR1, anyway. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

P.S.- I dig the red/black. My fav, though, would be white w/black pinstipes. ...w/gold hardware, though. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Or maybe burnt cherry burst. ...w/yeah yeah.

Comment

If you want gold hardware on a Rhoads, get the RR5. Though, it's part of the Professional series (Japanese made).
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A good suggestion, Toejam. I've tried the RR5, and it's a fairly nice guitar. Overpriced for an import, IMHO, but nice. Besides, no floyd and it's not a USA = I wouldn't be interested in buying one. (...No that's not a hack on imports.)

And the dude said he wanted an RR1, anyway. I was just venting about how the pickguard looks crappy in chrome. Heck, as said above, it even looks crappy in black on certain finishes. ...And you can always swap out hardware. More expensive to do so, but it's an option.

Comment

I would go for a finish that makes the pick guard "disappear" into the finish OR pick a solid colour - the red/black is a good example. Take a look at Charvel750s collection at http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/JCorsano.htm
                I think he has some really nice examples of Rhoads with good colours.
                My favorite is the 1988 USA Jackson Rhoads in snow white pearl with platinum paint, but it doesn't have a pick guard! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I could have pasted a copy of it in here, but i don't know if that's good ethics? Anyway, hit the link yourself.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                X