TBK Soloist 7 pic (Finally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBK Soloist 7 pic (Finally)

Cool. Looks good man. Get some pics of your pointy star up next [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    that neck looks huge, whats it like?

James

Re: TBK Soloist 7 pic (Finally)

Not only is his neck huge, his hair is messy also [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    joe...

[ January 27, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

The neck's actually not as big as it seems, and it's really easy to play on, for a seven string - it's got a great contour, and the oiled back makes it really fast.

As for the hair, well, we're METAL. \m/\m/

It's funny, the abalone piranha inlays wash out totally from any distance, giving it that "no-inlay-with-binding" look. Cool. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Very cool!! I think I need a 7-string soon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

TJ, this is the best sounding, best-playing guitar I've ever owned, and I've owned many quality US guitars, Jackson and otherwise. The wait's well worth it...

Mike

Comment

Sweet!! Have you played any of the import 7-strings? I really don't want to pay Custom Shop price for one. If only they'd make a USA Select 7 model.
            I thought about maybe a Carvin, as they seem to be a good guitar for the money. I won't even think about an Ibanez.

Comment

AWESOME GUITAR!!

Come on Joe... you know you want a Universe... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No, I really want a Korn K7! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

TBK Soloist 7 pic (Finally)

Taken at the same show as the Blair Witch Rootbeer Rhoads. Sorry about the guy's head, and the pixelization, but I don't have much time to play with it.

Better pics later.

Mike

[ January 27, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Michael ]

Comment

hey Mike.. I couldn't find Trail Blazer for ya, I didn't really have the time to look at all the stores I hoped for. However, I did pick up a copy of their new album for you. So if you want to at some point shoot me an e-mail with your address and I'll get it to you.

Sweet guitar btw [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Lev -

Cool, you have mail. Thanks, and the guitar _is_ sweet - I can't recommend CS guitars enough!

Mike

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info, Mike. Have you seen Munky's new guitar... a K14. It's got all the strings doubled, just an octave higher! Seems kind of interesting.

Comment

I'm actually going to get a used Ibenhad 7 next, because I can't afford and don't want to wait for a Jackson custom. Eventually I'll own a Soloist 7, but for now I'll have to live with only a 6 string USA Jackson.

Andy Oliphant
                          The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

TJ -

About the Jackson import 7 strings - the Carvin is a MUCH better way to spend your money. The Jackson imports aren't too bad - stay away from the DX7, though - but, sadly, the Schecter and LTD sevens are considerably better, and the Schecter C7 plus set-necks can be had realtively cheap on the 'bay, as can the thru-neck LTD H307. (I have a H207 as my spare.)

The Dean EVO 7 is very cool, too. The Carvin's the best overall value, though, if you want a new guitar. Humorously, I'd probably play a K7 if I had to play Ibenhad for some reason - it's certainly the best sounding of their 7 strings.

Mike

Comment

TJ -

You know, it's funny - Crooks and I joke about him ordering a 7-14 doubleneck all the time. How's that for heavy?

It doesn't surprise me that Munky did that, for some reason. Ibenhad will do a lot of odd things for their big names.

Andy -

Try the other stuff, rather than the mid-range Ibanez. I really think only the high-end ones are good, and their mid-range ones aren't as good as, say, the Schecters.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X