Model Name for old Jackson strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Name for old Jackson strats

What did Jackson advertise their bolt-on strat as back in the 80's?
    Were they indeed called a "strat"?
    I guess the question could be asked about the bolt-neck Charvel San Dimas strat-bodied guitars as well.

I find it hard to believe that Jackson/Charvel never came up with an original name for their strat bodied line-up then "strat".

I am awhere that a Dinky is different then a strat.
    Maybe i'm just punch drunk as i've been up for a long time now and I'm just asking dumb questions. You know.. kinda like the brain-guy in the circle of pot-smokers who ponders the inception of the universe and all it's powers and such.. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: Model Name for old Jackson strats

According to JacksonMuseum, they were called
    "Dinky Strat" around 1986; the Strat styles were called "Strat Style" or "Vintage Style" in the late 80s.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

BTW neck-throughs were called "Soloist" since about 1984
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As far as I know, they were just called Charvel Strats or Jackson Strats. Sorry, I'm not any help. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Racerx... for your information, Dinky Strats were officially labeled Soloist in 84, somewhere around late 200's serial range...

[ January 27, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

In my 1989 UK Catalogue, they are called the Double Cutaway model. I did have one once, an early `90 with a Jimi Hendrix supernova explosion graphic. I wish I still had that one!!!!
          Steve.

Comment

The Custom Shop section of the 1990 catalog calls them Strat and Strat 24 (for the 24 fretters).

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The 87 Catalog lists them as the "Strat Body" and "Jackson Strat Body" guitars. They were listed as a model along with the Soloist, Rhoads and Concert Bass.

Comment

Working...
              X