JB jr in mutt model 4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB jr in mutt model 4...

I just finished wiring up my model 4 project. It is comprised of about 99% parts that I bought here on the board. I forget who I got the neck from, but I got the body from Budman. Anyway, one of the parts I didn't get here was a JB jr I picked up cheap at GC on a whim. I figured I would throw it in there to see if I liked it, since I am not a big fan of the JB bridge HB. I put it in the neck slot, and it has a HUGE sound to it. Anyone looking for an SC sized HB for a neck pup should check one out. Think of the biggest sounding pup you have ever had in an HSS guitar, and multiply it by 10. I have a lil 59 in my fusion, and I thought it sounded great (sounds good for a lower output pup)but this pup is a total monster. Anyone else have one of these?

Re: JB jr in mutt model 4...

I know someone who put one of those in the bridge of a strat. It sounded great. Another single you should check out is the Dimarzio SDS-1. It's actually a single coil bridge pickup designed to sound like a P90. Adjustable pole pieces too. I put one in the neck of one of my guitars and it sounds killer. It's still a single coil so it hums. But, man, the tone is worth dealing with the hum.

Comment

Re: JB jr in mutt model 4...

I likethe HB's because I often sit in front of my computer and play through my FX unit with headphones. The middle single coil by itself sounds OK, but thereis a ton of buzz from the monitor. I might pick up another one of these for my HM strat.

Comment

Working...
      X