Redundant Floyd Rose Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundant Floyd Rose Questions

So I think some of this has been answered in other threads, but it's hard to find as floyd rose seems to be mentioned in a million posts. Here's the situation:

I'm going to need a trem to put on a Rhoads EX Professional body.

1-What was the original trem for the guitar?

2-Will an OFR fit the cavity or do I need a FR Pro?

3-Are there any other good trems that will fit without too much trouble?

4-Where can I purchase whatever trem it is you think will work best?

5-What nut size do most Jacksons use? (I know 1 11/16 but is it R3, R4, etc)

I know this is a kind of crappy thread, but it seems like all of the floyd info is very scattered here. Thanks!

Re: Redundant Floyd Rose Questions

I'll try and answer.

1. Import Jackson, especially Japan ones usually have JT580LP trems. Schaller trems were used on the Early Jackson pro imports, and some cheaper imports used the JT500. But the EX professional most likely had a JT580 of some sort.

2. The OFR should fit just fine. A recommendation would be to replace the Jackson posts with OFR posts, as they are better quality and stuff..

3. The Schaller(Jackson JT-590) should also fit in the cavity. There are others (i.e Gotoh FLoyds) But I have no idea whetever those will fit.

4.I live in Sweden, so wouldn't know.

5. Both R3 and R4 should work. It's mostly a matter of preference.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#314293

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks to me like the JT580LP is basically the same as the FR Pro. Can the JT580LP be bought by itself anywhere or does it only come on guitars?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Looks to me like the JT580LP is basically the same as the FR Pro.

[/ QUOTE ]
          It looks the same, but I believe it's a different size (if I remember correctly). The OFR should fit in place of the JT580LP with no problem.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is the trem route angled a little to the rear? The base plate on a JT-580 is tapered a little.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Would a OFR fit the JT-500 trem cavity, or would a Schaller (JT-590) fit??? From what I've read, it seems like the JT-500 is a copy of the Schaller, same size and everything...

Comment

You'd better use a Schaller to fit on a JT-500 cavity, since the Original Floyd Rose may be too large. The JT-500 has the same shape as the Schaller.

Comment

agresivo, are you talking about the Jackson JT-590 (Schaller), or the Schaller that StewMac sells???

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Is the trem route angled a little to the rear? The base plate on a JT-580 is tapered a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

The earlier JT580s were squared, not angled.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The earlier JT580s were squared, not angled.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yes, the earlier ones were squared, but the LP version was only squared in '94 and known as the JT580LP '94 (I had one on the purple Dinky Reverse I got from Greg Crowe a few years ago).
                      Anyway, even with the angled ones, I think most Original Floyds will fit in the cavity without routing... at least it did on the Warrior MG body I had.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X