CONVERTING EMG TO 18 VOLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONVERTING EMG TO 18 VOLT

can sombody post a diagram or a step by step on doing this.from what I understand it is a easy modd just disconnecting the black wire running from the battery to the output jack and with a new battery wire soldering the red wire to the black wire you disconnected from the output and then soldering the black wire of the new battery wire to the output jack???? I think that is what to do but not sure I think it would make a good post for the techQ&A and it would be good to be pinned up. thanks for any info and let me know if I'm right about the way to do it so I don't make a mess of the guitar or fry something
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: CONVERTING EMG TO 18 VOLT

It sounds like you want to wire the batteries in series, and if so, you are right on.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Voltage adds in series.

1 - Cut the wire on either side of the existing battery.

2 - Figure out whether the wire you just cut is attached to the positive or negative terminal of the battery.

3 - Attach the cut wire coming from the existing battery to the OPPOSITE terminal on the new battery.

4 - Attach the other end of the cut wire to the remaining terminal on the new battery.

Comment

or if you want to compare them without alot of cutting and ****,
        and have 3 extra clips, you can make an 18 volt clip harness.

black from clip 1,,,to red of clip 2(batt 1) black of clip 2 ,,,to red of clip 3(batt 2) black of clip 3 ,,to red of clip 1.
        now you have an 18 volt clip harness.

just snap it in to the clip thats in your guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        MOSH ON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Hey look ..Pictures
          http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mgollihur/emgmod.html
          http://www.12stringbass.net/EMGactive.htm

Comment

thanks guys
            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I heard you can also wire them in parallel? this is supposed to increase battery life? kind of a backup all ready to go when the other starts dying?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I heard you can also wire them in parallel? this is supposed to increase battery life? kind of a backup all ready to go when the other starts dying?

[/ QUOTE ]
                it won't be ready to go when the other dies, but it will be tapping them both simultaneously...so you would have twice the battery life before you'd have to change them both.
                You could even run two batteries in series to have 18Volts and then put another couple in parallel...that way you'll have both battery life and the increased headroom and whatnot with 18Volts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Probably doesn't exist a guitar with a control cavity big enough to fit four 9V batteries though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Probably doesn't exist a guitar with a control cavity big enough to fit four 9V batteries though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe an acoustic!
                  [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                  X