New guy & new Jackson (KE-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy & new Jackson (KE-2)

Been reading this forum for a week now, starting a little before I ordered my guitar...Great info and cool ppl [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Some info of myself: I'm a 21-year-old finn, playing guitar for maybe 9 years on and off, last 2 years have been quiet. Even spent the last year in army here so little chance of playing guitar [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Anyways, got hooked again last summer and what a better way to prove that than a new Jackson [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Played some USA-models for the first time this summer and absolutely loved them all, but a KE-2 more than others. Those were around 2500 € / $ ... a little out of my range, so I decided to wait. Autumn was really hard for me with all those other sweets Jacksons around... considered buying one of those RR-59s for a while, but didn't. This really was worth it, as with the Fender buy-out the shop importing Jackson quit and now after Christmas they started selling their stock out "cheap". The market here isn't that big (hell, with those price it's no wonder), so only one KE-2 in store. That was in fact the only KE-2 for sale in Finland, and right now no one knows when new ones will be imported, so there was nothing to choose from...

But, the guitar was indeed USA Jackson, KE-2 in metallic black - nothing wrong with the color. I would have maybe picked a plain black one, but didn't have the possibility to choose. The price was 1850 €, maybe once-in-a-lifetime deal around here - and I went for it. Still an awful lot of money and I couldn't actually afford it.. I guess I'm not having anything with bread for a while now... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The guitar came in yesterday and whoa! It's even better than I remembered! Out of maybe 24 hours I've had it I've been playing 12 and she's a real killer. My amp is ****, but the guitar still sounds great! And plays even better. I've had maybe 5 import Jacksons but nothing prepared me for this! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Finish was also flawless - was a little worried not seeing the guitar beforehand.

I'm a happy (if poor) university student now, just wanted to say hi to you all. No pics sorry, but you can perhaps imagine... kelly... black Awesome! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Also I'm curious to find out what these babies cost elsewhere in Europe... did I make a good deal?

Re: New guy & new Jackson (KE-2)

congrats with your ke2 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ! and welcome to the forum dude
    i think € 1850 is a great deal in finnland

Comment

Welcome to the family dude!

Nice to hear it's worth the sacrifices you made.
      You'll enjoy it for years to come, Kelly rulz!
      [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay!

Comment

Welcome dude! It sounds like a good deal to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome fellow KE-2 owner!

Once you play Jackson USA..you never go back!!

Comment

lol, time for a little break from playing. I don't really need it but I bet the neighbors do... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Where did you find a Kelly for 2500 euro? In Sweden they all cost like 32000 euro...

Comment

Hello! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome! & cheers to Children of Bodom [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Man you're lucky, in Belgium price is around 4000euros for any usa.

Ironmetalhead, where do you live in sweden? I'm planning to go there soon for a few weeks, probably in Stockholm and maybe i'll visit around.

Comment

damn i meant Thoraby where do you live in sweden..
                      metalhead i know you already you're from holland, by the way I played in Maastricht not long ago and it was crap [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey StratoPhil! Glad to see you're back here! Ya should've dropped me a line and I would have come to check you guys out! Too bad the gig was crap. What was up?

Comment

Congrats Ael! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Did you buy it from http://www.musamaailma.fi/ ??

I visited that store when I went to Helsinki one and a half years ago. It was like heaven for me, they had soooo m any Jacksons compared to any store here in Sweden!

Every now and then I check their website, and as a matter of fact I checked it out a while ago. And then I specifically noticed your KE-2. Because my friend wants one, and it was going really cheap! So all I can say is congratulations to a killer axe!

Anders
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I did indeed buy it from there. When I saw the price I just knew what had to be done [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the new axe!!!
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X