Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got problem with PS-3T tremolo

hi there!
    I've got a problem with the trem of my performer rhoads.
    I tuned it to D using 11s strings, but lately the deep D string always loosens itself and I've got to retune it more often than I'd like to...
    anyone knows what this could be caused by?
    tanx & best regards///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: got problem with PS-3T tremolo

I own one of those guitars too, and I've had my fair share of bridge problems too. One of these days I'm gonna buy and original floyd and see if that helps.

Anyways on to your question, since you're using .011 and tuning to D i only assume that when you tune standard you use .010 strings, if so that means you've got 4 spring on the back of your tremolo. If you do then they just may need tightening, hold the guitar on its side and check the bridge to see if its parallel with the body, if not then try tightening the springs if it is then it's something else.

another guess is if the intonation's off. I'm sure you know how to check the intonation if not then it should be posted on one of the nailed down threads here.

If thats not it then check the truss rod, it maybe that the neck needs to be adjusted to work properly w/ the heavier strings. If none of that works then take it to a guitar shop cause I'm out of ideas. Hope this helps

Comment

Re: got problem with PS-3T tremolo

thx for your reply...
      I'm not sure if you got my problem; I'm speaking about one damn string here. not a truss rod or intonation problem. it's just the deep D, all the other stings work great.
      I tune it, play for a while and the D string is too deep and needs to be tightened again....

anyone else got an idea?
      me na know if you understand, but... this sucks!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I'm greatful for any kind of help!
      thx///micha

edit; welcome aboard btw!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
      X