Virgin visitor to NAMM 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin visitor to NAMM 2003

I'd have to say visiting NAMM was the highlight of the last few years for me in regards to Rock!

I met (my personal guitar hero) Phil Collen of Def Leppard, saw Eddie Van Halen, Gene Simmons,and George Lynch, nearly got to talk with Dave Mustaine, saw bands like Jet Black, and too many others to mention...

A Big thanks to SkullShredder for the invite and also to Lloyd of GuitarXpress.com who made it happen, (Lloyd I do intend to purchase that awesome signed Charvel) and to Rob of N. Dakota, and to Brooks. (We had a great time).

To the rest of the crew who partied with us at Joe's Crab Shack after it all, -Yeah Baby!

It was great! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Virgin visitor to NAMM 2003

Mustaine was there?

Crap, I missed him!

R
    (Mustainiac)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

NAMM was a highlight for me also. Wow, overwhelming! Met lots of really good people..Lloyd, Alex, Rudy, Tom, David, Brooks and of course you Pyro! I did not see alot of the other JCFers. It was a good time by all!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Pyro, Now get yourself that charvel [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I hope to see you all again!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Rob

Comment

Which signed Charvel???

Comment

Yea it was a cool weekend for sure. Breakfast at Dennys with the boys, drinks at the Lounge, chasing rockstars in halls B & C, watching Phil C rip off some great licks, meeting everyone, complaining it was too hot outside (it hit 18 as the high today here) and all the other good times. Rock on!

Pyro did we meet? Im sure we did.........I cant keep track of everyone.

Brooks

[ January 22, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: BGWwebguy ]
          www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

THis will sound like I dumb question..but when was Phil Collen there? I was there everyday and I guess I missed him...I should have asked around to see if anyone knew.

I see the pics on Brooks' site and it really makes me bummed.

Ken

PS..It was nice meeting Rob and seeing Lloyd again.

Comment

Phil C was there Saturday afternoon i believe, I missed him as well.

I don't think Dave Mustaine was there at all, didn't hear of him anywhere anyway...

Pat

Comment

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] No doubt a very good time was had by all [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Enjoyed meeting at Joes Crab House.

Rob L, Neil, Rudy, Alex, Lloyd, Pyromania. Man you guys are GREAT!!

The best is yet to come... Building a quality foundation friendship!

[ January 24, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: ROCKPRO ]

Comment

Pyromania-just bite the bullet and buy the thing already!! What are you waiting for??? You want it, I know it, you know it!! By the way....dude.....its a USA Jackson! So how'd you feel the next day-do much??? No-Me neither!! Thanks to Lloyd for making such great memories!! Also to Rob L., Brooks, Rudy, Tom, Neil, David and Steve for helping hold up the bar!! You guys ROCK! My Charvel Bullseye is a full blown shredd machine!! LLoyd did an awesome job getting these re-issued. Keep in touch and hope to see you all next year!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ January 26, 2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: skullshredder ]

Comment

Hi guys, my cable modem went down, just got it fixed yesterday. It was great meeting all you guys and as I said in the car on the way to Joe's Crab Shack, where else is someone other than me going to throw in a Tony McAlpine CD? I knew I was in the right crowd [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    It was also great visiting the Jackson Custom Shop together. And of course, Lloyd made it all possible for us to go to NAMM, the Custom Shop, and meet each other.
                    It was awful having to go back to regular life the following Monday morning, thats for sure! Hopefully this NAMM gathering will become a yearly thing for us.

Rudy
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X