Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have any idea how much jackson would charge for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have any idea how much jackson would charge for this?

your best guess-only if you have dealt with a custom esp, jackson etc or large company-this is a while off, but im trying to plan for my later life heh. or, im just curious. anyway, best guess?

Jackson King V extended body, longer fins.

Neck thru

Walnut Body

Satin black finish

graphic-i know that GMW does these for jackson-pile o skull backround, no skull, just swamp.

Red bevels, both sides

neck joint changed- body meets neck at 24th, and extends into neck to 27 frets, with a diagnal slant to high e

EBONY NECK, unfinished

ebony fretboard

red binding

red sharkfins

3 red pentagrams on 12th

reveresed headstock, red logo

OFR

X2N in bridge, YJM slant with fretboard at neck

thats it. any guesses? this is, as you can see, my dream guitar, and not only that, a totally personalized guitar. i dont wanna call up jackson and sound like an ass, so any ideas what it could be?
    thanks guys!

Re: anyone have any idea how much jackson would charge for this?

talk to matt at online stage gear...it's gonna be pricey!!!! but worth it...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sell your car!

Comment

well, you gotta look at it like this.........

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

if you want a dream guitar, BUY IT. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

it will be years before i get this....but wouldnt that make one hell of a guitar...

esp that ebony neck-SMOOTH.

Comment

Ebony neck will be heavy as all get out.
          You might want to go headless to reduce the weight.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Check out Ran Guitars as an alternative, if you don't mind a Made In Poland axe. Also, there's the shipping. It will be cheaper & faster than JCS however.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You DO NOT want the expense of an ebony neck. Hell, I don't know if they could find a chunk of ebony that big. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] There's no damn way it's worth it. Mahogany would probably sound and feel better, anyway. And WALNUT? I can see it as a top, but the entire body? Do you have a fever? Did you eat paint chips as a child? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

walnut is choice wood in strength against dents and such. heh, one guy on HCF had a walnut v, accidently slamed a fin into a door. the v was perfect, the DOOR was dented. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

many parts of ebony on the neck wouldnt bother me...i want something that is black but plays like a unfinished/tung oil neck.

Comment

Going past 24 frets is something I was told would bring the cost up over $1000... Was told they weren't set up for it.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That would be a died in the wool custom shop piece. Why you'd want that is beyond me, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but hey, different storks for different dorks, huh?
                    [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Or is it different strokes 4 different folks
                    Stroke me stroke me. It could be a winner, but man, it's just a sinner now.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

BMM, how old are you?

Comment

Physical age, not mental. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

$$$$$, I doubt that there is a gaboon ebony block available anywhere in the world that is large enough to make a neck. If you have looked at the price of ebony lately, you have been shocked. Then there is the problem of tone, neck wood can be too hard. A viable alternative would be a composite neck, then finding someone with the ability to make it. One of the nicer necks is a Purpleheart with Pao Ferro fingerboard. These can be made by Warmoth if you can stand the cost.

Comment

An ebony neck and walnut body will be very bright, not to mention heavy. You'd be better off going with all maple, IMO. Plus, with a bright-sounding body like that, the X2N will have all treble and no low end, since that pickup has got a lot of high end to begin with. A Duncan Invader has a lot of gain with a lot more lows and mids that would work better. Just a few things you may want to think about.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why do you want 3 red pentagrams at the 12th?

Comment

Working...
                              X