can someone help me identify....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me identify....

a guitar i saw in my local music store?? i came across a jackson strat with 1 humbucker, 1 knob, a floyd rose, maple neck, 22 jumbo frets, bolt on neck, black headstock with white jackson logo, made in usa , neck plate says, san dimas , p.o. box etc... serial # 3795 . what can you tell me about this guitar, it plays great, love the neck, fast as hell. anyone know what the body is made of ? are these coveted axes ? should i pick it up, and whats a good price for one, by the way its red, not like that matters, lol. thanx for the help in advance, great forum. thanx again.

Re: can someone help me identify....

Well, it is you say a Jackson. Unless I am mistaken (most likely), the only Jackson bolt-ons made in San Dimas had serial numbers 1001 through 1505. After that, they were made in Ontario.

So, I'm stumped. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

an ontario guitar, jackson did have some plates left over when they made the move i think...current value?...i wouldn't pay over 5-600 for it...that being said it boils down to what is it worth to you?...body should be made of poplar...nice guitar...i'd say go get it it's a price you can live with...coveted?...they go on ebay for 5-600 a lot of times so i wouldn't say it's an ultra rare collector's item or anything...but all of us that own usa jacksons sure do love 'em...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'm a huge fan of these guitars - I have two Dinkys from this time period that are awesome guitars. Going rate is about $500, maybe higher if it's a real Floyd - which that probably is, since I'd guess it's an '87 - instead of a JT6.

These guitars are the best value in U.S. made guitars right now, IMO.

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
        X