Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think its setup right, but.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its setup right, but.............

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]My sl2h wont giv up its fret buzz, it buzzes only on the 5th and 6th string up to about 9 or 12. I have the truss rod set at .010 at the 8 fret(dont know if this is optimal maybe someone can tell me) My action is set at 1/16 (1.5mm) at the low E at the twelfth fret and about 1mm on the High E at twelfth fret. Is this too low?? how do you guys/gals setup your axe and is there anything to fix this, thanks

Re: I think its setup right, but.............

oh..and im not hitting the strings too hard. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That's about a standard Fender factory set-up you've got there, as far as the truss rod goes. Your action is a little lower than Fender stock though. My next advice would be to get a fret rocker and check the level of your frets between 9 and 12. You may very well have a floater in there.

You do have a little bit low of an action for that truss rod setting though. Try either raising your bridge(action) about 1/64" on the bass side and to 1/16" total on the treble side, or straightening your truss rod to a relief of about 0.005 at the 8th fret.

Comment

thanks, I thought about checking the fret levels but havent done that. I also forgot to add that it still buzzes even at around 3/16

Comment

4/64" on the high E side to 5/64" on the low E side with 0.010" truss rod relief is a standard Fender setup. I go to about 4/64" across the fretboard with a slightly tighter truss rod. If you have an SL2H I am assuming that it is a well made guitar, so I am guessing if you tighten the truss rod a bit it might be worth a shot.

Comment

Some prefer 4/64" while others like it at 1/16". I prefer 1/16". [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I like it at 68/1088" myself. The reason I use the smaller unit is that it gets people to measure more precisely.

Comment

I just eyeball my setups. I like to go as low as possible as long as I can still bend without fretting out when i bend. Also, I don't mind buzz too much - a little doesn't hurt.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                X