KV and Y2KV--neck and frets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV and Y2KV--neck and frets

A few things I was hoping someone might be able to clear up for me.
    [1]Do the KV and Y2KV has identical necks?
    [2]The KV2 used to have smaller frets than the other Jackson guitars. Now, the KV2 is listed as having Jumbo frets on the website. Did I dream the fret difference, or did it change over?
    [3]My understanding is that the KV and Y2KV necks are thinner than the Soloist. Correct?

Re: KV and Y2KV--neck and frets

1. Yes. I beleive they both have the neck specified by Mustaine.

2. I haven't heard of any fret size changes. I was checking out a few new V's the other day and they didn't have any differences. So not to my knowledge.

3. Yes, they're faster, thinner necks, I guess the unofficial term for them is the "speed neck".

Comment

I brought this up several months ago. The KV2 has always been listed on the site as having "jumbo frets," but they're the standard size. It would be nice if someone at Jackson/FMIC would actually look at them all and get it right. The Warrior's frets look smaller in the pictures I see, too.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

1. No, the necks are not identical. The Y2KV neck is a little thicker than a soloist neck but the profile of the Y2KV and KV1 are the same.

2. I have no clue what the KV2 is like but the KV1 and Y2KV have the tall skinny frets.

3. The KV1 (and I assume the KV2) neck is thinner than a soloist neck. The Y2KV neck is a little thicker though.

[ January 21, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: KV_X ]

Comment

Correction: I compared my y2kv and my KV (DM PCS series) and found that only the frets are very different (I dont have a regular KV, so I dont know about their necks). The thickness and width of the neck are the same...(to within 1/16" difference)and fret wire all differ. The y2kv is more like a jumbo fret where the DM-KV is more like the thin tall Rhoads type frets. Also, the y2kv comes with reallt thick strings from the factory (I guess that's why I thought originally that the neck was thicker). I do not know what type of strings come on a KV or DM-KV straight from the factory.

[ April 19, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Diego ]

Comment

Working...
          X