Need Help on identifying Jackson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on identifying Jackson.

Hey everyone. I was bidding on ebay, and I can't seem to find out if a guitar I'm looking at is actually a USA made RR1 model, or one of the other models. I'd be greatful for any help or input. here's the address:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...501489452&rd=1

Thanks soooo much for any time and help you give me,

Matt

Re: Need Help on identifying Jackson.

rosewood fretboard, Duncan Designed pickups & bolt-on = import. I'm not really up on all the model numbers, but if that hardware is of the "brushed" chrome variety, then I believe that's a PS3 from 2000-01. Not worth $500+, even with a set of extra strings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

this is what the seller told me in an email:

"here are the answers that you have requested about the Jackson V. It is a RR3 model, with 9612016 for the serial number. It has a through-body neck. it was made right here in the United States. it is one of the original Randy Rhodes guitars. He only played the Poka dot V and the Black half V, and the Gibson Les Paul. i lookes up the value of the guitar and its value is worth $2,800.00. it plays like a dream. i have to sell it so i can fix the clutch and transmission in my car. it is in mint condition and ready for a serious player, or collector."

I was having trouble finding a pic to match it, especially because he said RR3, and there all bolt on, yet he said it was neck thru and USA made. i dunno.

Comment

I'm not sure it's a performer series, because I believe hey have dot inlays and the jack is in a different place. I don't know though. thanks so much for your help,

Matt

Comment

Just a suggestion. I would ask for additional pictures. It's hard to tell in that picture if it's a neck-thru, but I've never seen a neck-thru with that "brushed" aluminum look on the hardware. Plus, it sure doesn't seem to say "Made in USA" from what I can tell.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The serial number indicates it is a bolt-on, as the neckthrough Pro series still use a J number (I think, or do they have an 8 digit number starting with 0? My NASL is 8 digits starting with 0, but that's a Japan-only model) and the bolt-ons start with 96. Even my 2002 DK2 starts with 96 and had shiny chrome, so the matte chrome is a few years older ('98?)

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's definatley an import. All RR3s are imports, plus look at the hardware and rosewood board.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I can see neck heel there. Try blowing the pic up. Maybe he means the neck goes "through", into the neck pocket [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I believe you are right about it being an RR3. I didn't think about the inlays, just the rosewood board, etc

You would think a $2800 guitar would be better appointed, like an OFR & real Duncans, maybe an ebony fretboard & neck binding. That's also a Japanese serial number

I feel sorry for the guy if he genuinely believes what he told you. If he's relying soley on selling this guitar to fund his car repairs, he might find himself a bit short of cash.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks so much. I had called and confirmed a buy before checking, but now that you've all shown me the truth, I'm definitley not going to purchase this. I was so looking forward to purchasing a RR1 USA made Jackson, but if this is Japanese and not official, then I won't buy it. Thanks so much for all your help, best forum I've ever been to.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

The guy is full of it. Just look here:

It is a RR3 model, with 9612016 for the serial number. It has a through-body neck. it was made right here in the United States.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First of all - all RR3's are bolt-on and made in Japan, not neck thru and made in USA like he says. The serial further confirms it. This guy is scamming to get some extra bucks out of the guitar.

'bane

Comment

Right on, 'bane. That's a crock of $hit in his email. (Be careful though about actually posting emails, it's against the rules of the Forum, you can paraphrase though) Not neck through, no neck through ever had seven digits. They all had the letter "J" with six digits following. That crap about Randy is sacrelige too, what a liar. Maybe worth $300 in good condition with case and insured shipping. Take it or leave it mamma.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                      X