Pickup for Model 5A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup for Model 5A

I have a Model 5A which has its original licensed Jackson Floyd bridge. I want to replace the pickup, and reading various websites suggests that I would need the wider Fender width (53mm), however I've tried an SD JB Trembucker, and the pole pieces dont align with the strings. Can anyone confirm if that trem requires the standard width pickup?

Re: Pickup for Model 5A

I do believe Jackson used standard size pickups. It's not really much of a big deal whether the pole pieces line up or not anyway.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Dimarzio F-spaced seems to line up better on the 2 Jackson guitars I have, than the standard or trembucker Seymour Duncans.

Comment

And welcome to the JCF, that's a hot username!

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have been considering the DiMarzio Evolution and PAF Pro. The SD JB Trembucker that is fitted at the moment growls away at the low end, but seems thin at the top end. I concluded this was because the low E string passes over the pole, whereas the high E almost misses the pole entirely. If as toejam says it doesnt matter, then that suggests a different pickup model is needed.

Comment

Working...
          X