Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what that weird shape from NAMM was?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what that weird shape from NAMM was?

Not sure if it was a USA or not, but I'll post it here anyway... there was a guitar that I had never seen before at the Jackson namm booth... looked like a kelly star on steroids... any clue what it was? Didn't get any pictures, sorry.

Andy Oliphant
    The Thirteenth Hour

Re: Anyone know what that weird shape from NAMM was?

It's Called a Fastar. If im not mistaken. It was custom made for some guy.

Comment

Yep...they're called the FASTAR, designed by and built for Dan Fastuca,the guitarist for Jet Black.
      No one has heard if they will make it a production guitar or not. But those (seen at NAMM) are the only 4 built.

Comment

Ahh, cool, good to know I'm not losing my mind. Thanks for the info. The thing was bloody huge though, put BC Rich's Beast to shame.

Andy Oliphant
        The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

NAMM guys post us a pic

Comment

Originally posted by trip hammer:
            NAMM guys post us a pic
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=1;t=000309

Comment

I've got 2 other pics from a guy on guitar.com who was at NAMM of that guitar. Very kickass shapes and finishes on those things. I would probably buy it if it were part of the USA lineup. If anyone can post em (I don't know how), lemme know and I'll e-mail you the pics.

Comment

K, forget it. Plenty of pics of it from other guys at the show. (See General Board) Thx a bunch to all the guys who threw some pics from the show.

Comment

I wonder how it plays and balances. I think it's pretty fugly personally, but that Blood Bath finish is KILlER!

Comment

The blood finish was cool, but there was actually goo and stuff on that guitar... it was weird, I think someone put fake blood on the neck and it dripped down onto the body, but it definately wasn't part of the finish.

Andy Oliphant
                    The Thirteenth Hour

Comment

Someone posted pics of Dan Fastuca holding the bloodbath fastar himself and he had fake blood crap all over his arms and got it all over the neck [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] I couldn't do that to a guitar, ever, lol

Comment

BTW I snuck up on Fastuca also and pulled on his mohawk! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This was at end of show and he still had the fake blood goop on him! Eww!

Hey, I was in a weird mood! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X