Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new...please read & help...

Hello everyone.
    I've come to this forum with a question about my new Jackson. I'll give you some details.
    I bought my first Jackson a few months ago. I LOVE it!. I found it sin the dent & scratch pile at a Guitar Center. It's an SL2H, and I got it for $599 because of a small scratch on the back of it. It's transparent blue (very dark, so you can't really see the flamed maple unless you get up close to it...or shine a flashlight on it.)
    Anyway, when I bought it, it didn't have a case with it. The guy found me a Jackson case in the back and let me have it for another $70. My problem is that the case doesn't really fit my guitar perfectly, and I'm worried about it hurting something. It's a black case with Jackson stamped in the front.
    My question is "what case am I supposed to have?..and where can I get one?" Anyone have a model number for me?

Also, any input on my guitar would greatly appreciated, because it's my first Jackson, and I really don't know anything about it (Except that it completely rocks and it's flawlessly built.)

Thanks in advance,
    Jay.

Re: I\'m new...please read & help...

Take it back and ask for the one it came with. USA Jacksons come with cases. Those guys are scumbags for making you pay for a case in the first place,and then giving you one that doesn't fit properly.

Comment

Re: I\'m new...please read & help...

Originally posted by Back For More:
      Take it back and ask for the one it came with. USA Jacksons come with cases. Those guys are scumbags for making you pay for a case in the first place,and then giving you one that doesn't fit properly.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the reply.
      I figured that it came with a case, but I doubt that they would be able to find it if I went back. I don't know what to do. I'm thrilled with the guitar that I got for that price. The case that he found for me almost fits, but I had to push some of the padding down to make it fit. And, the top of the headstock actually touches the top of the case, and I don't think it's supposed to do that. I'm more than willing to buy a new case....I think I saved enough money when I bought the thing.
      Man, I really hate Guitar Center by the way. But, I don't think I got ripped off here. I really don't. I just want a case (that fits) for my SL2H!

Comment

Re: I\'m new...please read &amp; help...

Email Matt at onlinestagegear.com and see if he can help you out with a new case.

Comment

I got Matt's email from their website. I sent him an email, and he's already responded with a few options.

He rocks. I just thought I'd let you all know that. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Peace.

Comment

Damn some picky Mofos here... For $599 you expect a SL2 with a hard case for free?

Geez... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Like $599 isn't good enough for a USA Soloist...

Great score! Sounds like you lucked out... Cost on them is probably about $1000. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
              Geez... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Like $599 isn't good enough for a USA Soloist...

Great score! Sounds like you lucked out... Cost on them is probably about $1000. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Yup. I am the WINNER! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              (This forum has better smiley things than my usual forum...which is Carvin)

Comment

Xeno, it' not as if GC isn't notorious for doing this with non scratch and dent guitars, besides the one they set him up with was wrong anyway. That's BS no matter how one looks at it.

Comment

Hey Jay! I know you from the Carvin board. You built your own cool 7-string!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well here's a funny story about the stupid sales guy who was up my A** the whole time I was there...
                    THis is true...
                    I was standing there just staring at a few guitars, and this guy came up next to me and picked up a Martin Acoustic (also dented & scratched) and he started playing it (or trying to). Then he asid to me "Wow man, look, they marked down this $2000 Martin to $500 because of the waterloging in the back." I gave him this crazy look like "Dude, stop talking to me...you really suck." [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] and then he says "let me know if you need any help." The stupid guy was a salesman. I couldn't believe that he approached me that way. How retarted. And he sucked so bad...not that that matters, but if you're going to try to blow someone away with your playing, then you'd better be something.
                    Jerk off. He was sweating when I asked for a case...that was one he found in the back storeroom. Who knows where it came from.
                    Then, since the strings were hanging off, he said he would take it to the back and have the guy set it up for me, and I said "no one else here will TOUCH this guitar but me" and I took it home that way. When I scrubbed it down, I realized what a beauty it was.
                    All in all, it was a pleasant experience, because I got the guitar, but some moments made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      Hey Jay! I know you from the Carvin board. You built your own cool 7-string!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's me bro.
                      Thanks for the compliment.
                      FYI - my 7-string still kicks supreme Ass [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Since you're new here, we'll go easy on you, but you're in violation of JFC Code 1743b, Section 3-1, which states: You must post PICS!!!!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
                          Since you're new here, we'll go easy on you, but you're in violation of JFC Code 1743b, Section 3-1, which states: You must post PICS!!!!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OOPS! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                          http://home.earthlink.net/~jpelegrin...man/page1.html

There are a few miscellaneous pics there of some of my gear, but most pics are of ym project 7-string from a Carvin neck-thru neck.

Don't forget to click "Next" at the bottom of the pictures to see more.
                          [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love these smiley things... [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

welcome to the board..

gotta love the jackson...

quick Q: how does that fernandes Star Wars guitar play? I'll admit, im a SW nut, although the current trilogy in works in a dissapointment. I was actually considering buying one for nerd's sakes, until i saw the price tag...

~eric

Comment

Originally posted by illumina:
                              welcome to the board..

gotta love the jackson...

quick Q: how does that fernandes Star Wars guitar play? I'll admit, im a SW nut, although the current trilogy in works in a dissapointment. I was actually considering buying one for nerd's sakes, until i saw the price tag...

~eric
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well....IMO it plays like crap. The Custom Elite pickups or whatever didn't please me at all. So, I put a Hot Rails and a Screamin Deamon in mine so it would sound better. But, I still don't like the way it plays. The neck is very thick, and I just don't like it. AND, I don't like to play it because I'm scared to rub the paint off the fretboard. But, I'm thrilled with the guitar though. I'm a stormtrooper FREAK, so I just had to have it. I paid 999.99, but I would've paid $1299 if I had to. If you really don't know, then don't get one. I've seen a few on Ebay that aren't selling for more than $500. I just laugh at the guys and say "if you didn't REALLY want it, then you shouldn't have bought it" I'm glad I have mine...it's a novelty item, and it actually does play and sound good (with new pickups) but it isn't my main guitar by any means. It usually only comes out of the case when a new friend is over and I want to freak them out.
                              and yes, you DO gotta love my Jackson.
                              Whew. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X