Need help fast panic stricken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help fast panic stricken

I can't believe I did this..... My guitar is in the trunk of my wifes car at her work...... The low tonight will be 38f Should I go get it? Or will it be ok for the evening?

Re: Need help fast panic stricken

I'm sure guitars go through this type of thing on airplanes and in UPS trucks. I'm sure if it is in its case and you return it to room temp gradually you shouldn't have any problems. If you will be losing sleep, I would go get it.

Comment

Thanks. I am going to go and get it.... I think I will lose [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] (LOL) some sleep otherwise. Finally got a night off and now this s**t.... errrgghhh

Comment

lose

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I can't believe I did this..... My guitar is in the trunk of my wifes car at her work...... The low tonight will be 38f Should I go get it? Or will it be ok for the evening?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor guitar.

Comment

I got her.... We talked on the ride home, and I swore I will never be so forgetful again.

I still can't believe I did this.... Just a series of events I suppose.

Thanks for the spell check R-X [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You can call me Ron. It's quite an awesome name. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

have I heard that before? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I don't know, have you? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

woulda been fine sitting in a case.

Comment

Rule of thumb:
                      If it would be uncomfortable for you, it's not good for the guitar. ie Don't stick me or my guitar in your 125deg trunk please.

Forget where i read that. Dan Erlewine maybe?
                      Of course, cases make the temp (and humidity) changes more gradual, so things that are relatively short, like plane flights, have minimal impact.

Glad you got your guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X