kahler swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kahler swap

Will the fixed Kahler bridges swap out the old Kahler trems found on the model series Charvels (without too many mods)? Sorry I don't know the model names.

Re: kahler swap

Yes, the APM 3310 will retrofit the cam trems.

Comment

...and the cool part is you'll have a neat hole under there to hide your stash! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

you can hide your weeeed in there!

Comment

Do the top screw holes line up on a 3310 line up with the Pro? I don't think they do. I think the Flyer and the 3310 have the same screw pattern, but the Pro is different up top.

Comment

Yeah,they line up Lance,Scoopy originally had a pro & the 3310 fit right on no problem!!

Comment

I have had 3310's come on a few of my guitars and 2300 model series trems fit the holes with no issues at all.

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a new reality TV show for shredders.
                [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

you guys are right about the screw placement, but what the hell is this thing then? It's a pic from axeparts.net. Is it a 3310 mechanicals on a Flyer base?

http://axeparts.net/images/pic12.jpg

Comment

That is how all of my 3310's looked.

Comment

yes, now that I think about it, I have had experience with flyer, pro, and 3310, and I do agree that 3310 fits the same as a pro, but looking at the screw holes in the following 2 pics, I cannot reconcile how this is possible..

Comment

I see your point. Here is the type I have had.

Comment

superb...I think the pic I put up is a 3310 on a Flyer base. mystery solved.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I see your point. Here is the type I have had.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Mine is the same as yours Jim, but in black and stainless rollers (Pro). That's pretty interesting how there are actually different 3310 baseplates. </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Or, they made a few different models in the 3300 series. One for retrofitting the Flyer and one for retrofitting the Pro series. I know on the hardtails I had, there was no way the base could be converted to tremolo as the bar the string rides over (the cam on the tremolos) is cast into the base and is not removeable. The little brass panel on the rear removes the string claws and fine tuner mechanism only.

Just noticed the hardtails also came in two different variations like the trems. A Standard Series 3300 brass rollers version and the nicer 3310 Pro Series with steel rollers. Looks like I have only had 3300's.

Beat me to it Dave [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X