Rhoads Owners..Show me your Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Owners..Show me your Tips

Sorry my San Dimas doesn't have the tips anymore...
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Re: Rhoads Owners..Show me your Tips

84 San Dimas Randy Rhoads

Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt! That is a beautiful Rhoads!

Comment

THat is a really nice Rhoads Matt, I was gonna pounce on it when I originally emailed you until I realized it wasn't a recessed floyd...other than that it's beautiful.

Comment

So many nice guitars. Must resist temptation to keep them all..... Not Working.....NEED HELP.....

Comment

I know what thats like man! I am trying to watch what I spend on the Jackson stuff as I want to keep it a hobby. My Fender hobby has turned into a business and it lost alot of its fun. Its also hard to hold onto that stuff and justify buying more items I would like to keep for me. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
              Lol..Not those tips! I need to see some San Dimas era Rhoads points so I can restore them on my Rhoads project.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is there any difference between "San Dimas era Rhoads points" and "Ontario era Rhoads points"? The points & bevels on my '88 Ontario Rhoads look identical to the points & bevels on Matt's '84 San Dimas Rhoads. (BEAUTIFUL guitar, Matt. wish I could afford it) Anyway, aren't the points on all Rhoads models pretty much the same?

Comment

I don't know. My guitar is an '84, so to be safe I figured I would stick as close to the same era as possible. I figured since the neck construction was different, who knows what else could be different.

[ January 14, 2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Rhoads Owners..Show me your Tips

Lol..Not those tips! I need to see some San Dimas era Rhoads points so I can restore them on my Rhoads project.

Comment

Jim,

The points on my '83 Rhoads are the exact same on the 2000 RR1T I just got.

~Ken

[ January 15, 2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: WarriorX7 ]

Comment

Check my "My new Rhoads is in!" thread for pics of my two San Dimas Rhoads guitars. Good luck!

Comment

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Here's a few my Rhoads tips for you:

When playing your Rhoads always use a strap for the utmost in balance.

When tuning your Rhoads always use an electronic tuner no matter how good you think your ears are.

If restringing your trem equipped Rhoads, slide a stack of business cards under the trem to keep it from pulling too far back into the recess.

Follow my tips and you'll have yerself a happy Rhoads! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have a '84 Rhoads...click my name for pic

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool man! Yours is a student too! What color is that? It looks like a teal or blue metallic. Is it stock?

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X