No announcement yet.

Custom SHAPE Custom Shop price?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom SHAPE Custom Shop price?!?!?!?!

I am somewhat considering buying a USA Jackson, and I was wondering how much it would cost to get a Custom Shop guitar to my specs (obviously [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) but I would like an original body shape I have invented/designed.

How much more does a custom shape cost than an existing shape with identical hardware, materials, etc.? Do they have to build me a special one-of-a-kind hardcase to go with it?

Re: Custom SHAPE Custom Shop price?!?!?!?!

I am at home now and don't have the page in front of me but I think it's $280 list price on top of whatever else you get and dealers should discount 20-40%.

Matt

Comment

That's 20-40% off the total price, or 20-40% off the body shape price of $280?

Comment

I ordered a custom shaped guitar from them - yes you do have to get a custom case made, and yes it adds $280 to the price. Once you add up the total cost of your order, a dealer should be able to seel it to you for about 20-40% less than the total price suggested by Jackson.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I was wrong. The 2002 custom form shows as $240 list price for any custom shape. You discount 20-40% off the total list price.

Matt

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but 40% sounds almost like guitars that go on sale once in a while for almost half off the original price. Kinda weird!

Thanks, Matt and Matt!

Comment

Welcome to the wacky world of musical instrument distribution!
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
              X