Mirror Sharkfins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Sharkfins

Does anybody have some close up pics of mirror sharkfin inlays I could see?

Re: Mirror Sharkfins

Mirrored which way? Here is mine that has them going in the opposite direction.

Comment

Wait a minute, are those pearl or mirror? Looks totally like normal pearl or pearloid. If they're mirror, you should be able to see reflection in them, like glass.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Jim, they are actual mirrors inset as inlays, rather than just "mirrored" or reversed inlays.

Has anyone played on some? I imagine they'd make the guitar feel kind of "splanky", like a maple fretboard.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah man, I ment real mirrors for inlays, Like the mirror that you look at yourself in everyday. Those ones in that pic do look like pearl to me.

Comment

And once again Jackson's inconsistent naming scheme causes problems - Jim's inlays are considered "mirror" inlays, since "reverse" inlays are flipped side to side like the JCF Rhoads inlays, however, they also did use real reflective materials for inlays, which were also designated as "mirror" inlays.
            Perhaps you should have specified sooner what you're looking for - reflective inlays or mirrored/inverted inlays.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I see now. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, mine are pearl. The mirror material ones must be pretty cool looking.

I am still new to the more recent models and the lingo. I will get the hang of it eventually...lol.

[ January 12, 2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I have a Jackson T-Bird bass that has mirror inlays in it as well as a cracked mirror headstock and body. If you like I can e-mail you photos of the neck. Just send me your e-mail address.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                X