• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Technical specs on my new ST Custom

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#323450

There is a picture of her [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Here is a picture of the wiring before I fixed the solder point:
    http://colessite.com/wiring2s.jpg

Notice that the pots are those big ones and not the ones emg uses. How do you get around that?

I need to know what model/brand those actives are and their specific specs and wiring, what pots they require and if they would "get along" with an EMG or two I have that I want to throw in as well a few EMG EQ circiuts. The charvel has got a external FET PreAmp wirired into it, so does that mean the Jackson/Charvel active pickups don't have preamps in them like EMGs? Any specs to be found on the ones in my guitar and model number? Thanks a lot, I really want to get something going with this thing and I love EMGs and want to get those EQs. I need some pro wriring guys if you are here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: HELP! Technical specs on my new ST Custom

[ QUOTE ]
    The charvel has got a external FET PreAmp wired into it, so does that mean the Jackson/Charvel active pickups don't have preamps in them like EMGs?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Jackson's pickups don't have preamps in them because they're all passive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Jackson has never made active pickups but have had quite a few guitars with their own active electronics added (midboost, preamp boost, wah sweep, etc.) Those active circuits can be used with any manufacturer's passive pickups, but the one in your guitar is obviously aftermarket and made by Chandler. I can't tell you anything else about your guitar, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      The charvel has got a external FET PreAmp wired into it, so does that mean the Jackson/Charvel active pickups don't have preamps in them like EMGs?

[/ QUOTE ]
      Jackson's pickups don't have preamps in them because they're all passive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Jackson has never made active pickups but have had quite a few guitars with their own active electronics added (midboost, preamp boost, wah sweep, etc.) Those active circuits can be used with any manufacturer's passive pickups, but the one in your guitar is obviously aftermarket and made by Chandler. I can't tell you anything else about your guitar, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Well, who did Charvel get the pickups from? These pickups ARE active, I am pretty sure of it. I am thinking that nine volt powers more than just the FET preamp. They also have the Charvel (by charvel/jackson) Logo on them. The pickups themselves are all originals.

Comment

Ah, hell maybe they are NOT active. Just passive, made to look like active powered by a preamp and a battery.. any help on what they are would be greatly appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X