%^%&*^ truss rods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %^%&*^ truss rods!

Okay, the Fusion EX has a nut on the truss rod. I'm trying to tighten it to remove some of the bow in the neck and NOTHING I have will grip it well enough.

Ideas?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: %^%&*^ truss rods!

If you are having a problem getting a regular socket under the floyd nut, you really need to invest in a set of proper "truss rod wrenches." I was having the same problem. I got the set from Stew Mac for like $30 and its well worth it. It comes with four wrenches for all manner of nuts.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks, but the only problem is that I really want to get it adjusted tonight.

Comment

powertube, i have one of the screw drivers with the replaceable heads, philips & flat head in different sizes. Generic cheapo kind. anyway if you dont put the screw driver tips in there the driver itself fits a trussrod bolt perfectly.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          powertube, i have one of the screw drivers with the replaceable heads, philips & flat head in different sizes. Generic cheapo kind. anyway if you dont put the screw driver tips in there the driver itself fits a trussrod bolt perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that one. I *think* I finally got it adjusted where I want it by sliding a 7mm socket over it and then turning the socket with a flathead screwdriver. The biggest problem is that the angle is such that you can't get any leverage.

Comment

Working...
          X