USA, CA Jackson?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA, CA Jackson?????

I've had this Jackson I bought used for about 3 years and still can't find any info on it. I'd like to know the model number, $$ worth, or any general information/specs you may have or may have heard about it. Ok, here goes:
    The plate with the serial # (neckplate?) says it was made in Ontario, CA, USA. It has 4+2 headstock, maple neck-rosewood fingerboard, 2 Kent Armstrong humbuckers(esposed coil), Wilkinson bridge, locking sperzel tuners, 3 way toggle, 1 volume and 1 tone knob. No inlays on fretboard. kind of a dark maroon/burgundy color on the body and headstock.
    I'm not sure how to post pics up or I would just do that! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] Thanks!!

Re: USA, CA Jackson?????

Wouldn't that be a USA AT1? Or AT something.. sumthin' like that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I believe it's an AT1. There aren't very many 4+2 headstocks out there on those. I believe Jackson was given a talking to by Ernie Ball and had to stop production on them with that tuner configuration. They were made later 3+3. There's other people here who have some of those and could give you better info.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It was Brian Moore actually.

Comment

OklaStrat had one. Can't recall what he sold it for, but I think it went for a decent selling price. There were very few 4x2 heads made, as was stated - somewhere like 30 or less?

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

thanks for the info. only 30 made? sweet! do you know what year it was made in? and how it would go for? [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Probably was made around 1997-98. I've seen the 3+3 headstock AT1s going for as low as $450 on eBay, but also some for quite a bit more ($650+). A 4+2 headstock would bring more from someone who knows the history behind it, I would think.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                It was Brian Moore actually.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool, thanks for the info.
                EB has the 4 tuners on top and 2 on the bottom and BM has 2 on top and 4 on the bottom. I know Carvin's Holdsworth model has the 2+4 the way Brian Moore's does, so how is it they're able to do that? The Holdsworth prototypes had the 4+2 Ernie Ball style, but I believe they were talked to and couldn't do it that way. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X