Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first SL2MAH flame top trans black

I guess I missed the boat in a way!!
    I've played my Yngwie strat for over 15 years now and really did'nt like any other guitar I tried. I did'nt even want to think of playing a Jackson. I just thought of them as being flashy looking, overpriced and run of the mill. Then I played one at a recording session which was the high point of the day, the low point was that we did'nt get the bid for resident evil 0. Music was too heavy.. "whatever Capcom" Anyway, I played a SL1 through the monitor system and the guitar sounded very very good!! Punchy and not muddy and the lead work sounded very clear, the action was low and there was no fret buzz anywhere. Legato was easy to pull off as well, even though my yngwie plays slightly better to me. I went through DCGL for the purchase. I used to go through Guitar center, but DCGL is by far a better place to deal with. I hate to sound surprised but my Jackson is flawless. When I bought my ESP and Ibanez guitars from Guitar Center. I had to get out the strobe tuner, wood glue and allen wrenches on thoes tanks just to get them to play right, but not my Yngwie or my new Jackson. Hmm.. maby because they are USA made? "good question" But seriously, Jackson has to be the Rolex of Metal guitars. I inspected the guitar from top to bottom. The Trem posts were dead on, the locknut was solid on the neck, the flame maple top was perfect, no problems at all. Now I have another guitar that plays problem free.. Huge thanks to DCGL, Jason and Jackson. I finally got my money's worth!!!

Re: my first SL2MAH flame top trans black

excellent! Congrats terrorsound. got pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

no digital camera, I'm still a stone ager, or is that stoner ager!! hahaaha!!! It's the same one as the blond sl2mah on the DCGL website only transparent black. I was going to get the blond one. I like blonds too but I took the black honey instead. I also bought the PC-3.
      I think the PC-3 is the last one out there, I searched for weeks and could'nt find one. DCGL is swapping the pickups,
      Neck: Fast Track DP181
      Mid: Fast Track DP181
      Bridge: Fred DP153F.. The PC-3 should sound awsome when I get it..

Comment

Congrats. on the purchase, and welcome to our madness! I have strats, an SG, a set-neck ML and nothing comes close to my SL2H!

Comment

PC with fast tracks and fred?
          That sounds like shredder's machine!
          Very cool and let us knwo how it sounds when you get the guitar.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Jackson has to be the Rolex of Metal guitars.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like that a lot! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X