Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project pics w/?s, SD Jackson purist dont look

MORE PICS OF BUTCHERED SOLOIST

OK i used a blade to scrape the finish off the neck & headstock, worked great. used final sanded down to 400 & it feels great. i still cant get the line nice & straight & it always shows some of the primer at the seem under the blue. any suggestions would help.
    next step is to wet sand the body & hopefully just clear coat it. the base blue color is good but the original clear coat is shot to shite. im thinking duncan distorion/invader or some other higher output bridge hum. I may try & fill one or both of the single coil routes still not sure.
    im open to suggestions & probably FLAMING yeah im destroying a SD Jackson, but someone has to do it.
    Thanks to any & all members that are hooking me up with parts for this thing. I will keep everyone updated as it progresses....I hope

Re: project pics w/?s, SD Jackson purist dont look

Looks good to me! I wouldn't bother filling the pickup routes as you would need to repaint over them...well I guess you don't need to repaint over them, but it'd look funny otherwise. BTW, what kind of blade did you use?..like a straight razor blade.
    I can't think of a way to rid of that white primer line, maybe someone else does. I'd try a Distortion first in the bridge but that's me.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Just a thought, but you might want to sand a little more paint towards the body, it would blend more and be more appealing to look at. My USA Jackson Tele neck thru was done by the factory like this:
      [image][/image]

Comment

Damn Jamie, that is looking great already! I am glad you are enjoying the guitar.

Comment

Working...
        X