sl2 and sl2h, is there a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl2 and sl2h, is there a difference?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm on the verge of buying a soloist, just sold my prs for some dough.

http://www.instrumentexchange.com/bi...d=496&status=1

This thing says that it has a poplar body

but all the ones on ebay and on jackson's own site say that all USA soloists are made with either alder or mahogany.

Are the sl2 and sl2h actually two different models or is it just some typo?

Thanks

Re: sl2 and sl2h, is there a difference?

That's the same as an SL2H you see on the Jackson site today, top of the line guitar all the way. They may switch the body sides to alder and poplar and back but don't worry about it.

Comment

Well, a `97 might've been one of the ones with the licensed Floyd, same as on the imports. Not sure. Otherwise, a high quality axe.

Damn. Where's the "mother of all info" page when you need it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Any USA made Jackson Soloist from 1997 would have the Floyd Rose original trem. I hate that sellers list pics that only "represent the general characteristics of the guitar for sale." The chrome hardware should not be standard for a metallic red finish. However, there were no SL2H models in 1997, not sure why there's two humbuckers. The SL2 (which lacked sharkfins and binding) is very different. I'd ask for actual photos. That serial number does indeed show a neck through guitar...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

cool, fanks for the info all.

Comment

Yeah, the actual SL2 model was a USA-made neck-thru, but it had no inlays, black binding only on neck and not headstock, Armstrong pickups and the import JT580LP trem, and I believe it had chrome hardware.

[ January 04, 2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X