Stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question

Does anyone sell a headstock tip protector? Yea, I know it would look dorky but it would just be for home use. A couple times now I have dropped the tip onto the coffee table when I shifted while playing on the couch. It seems like a small protector would be cheap insurance against damage.

I remember back in grade school on "Make a project for Mom" day we made little change purses by dipping a form in molten plastic. Seems like that would work here using some old beater neck as the form. Waddya think?

Re: Stupid question

To heck with that....I want one of those change purses. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

ya mean like a pointy condom?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        To heck with that....I want one of those change purses. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you might be able to sweet talk her out of it if she can find it. It was only about 30 or so years ago.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ya mean like a pointy condom?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it was going to sound stupid when I posted it but I see all those pictures of damaged tips on E-Bay and I want to avoid that fate. Accidents happen.

Comment

Simple solution: Put one of the change purses or a condom over the headstock! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Or maybe a sock will do. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Patent it dude, and get the admins to delete the thread. I've seen dumber patents, and even dumber people that got rich from them.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Talk to Sully. He sent LPC a nice set of tip protectors for his Big Red. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Hey man, talk to Budman... maybe he can make you something like a steel toe protector for your guitar.

Comment

They sell stuff in hardware stores to make metal tool handles insulated. It is a liquid that you dip them into and they dry to a rubber-plastic type consistency. That might work-but I think it only comes in orange.

Comment

How about one of those sport mouthpieces? You soak them in hot water and then they mold to your teeth. Maybe you could cut off a piece of one and it would mold to your guitar tip.

(I hope Marth Stewart doesn't read this and rip me off)
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

hell, just stab it into a piece of styrofoam.

Comment

There ya go!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Patent it dude, and get the admins to delete the thread. I've seen dumber patents, and even dumber people that got rich from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it could be just like the Opti-Grab...

"Pay to the order of Iron Balls McGinty, one dollar and nine cents!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X