JT-6 Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 Setting

I could fixed some detached part of the fingerboard in the neck of my project Model 2 Charvel (the half black half red with hebrew lettering). Now I can tune the guitar without buzzing of the 6th string but, I noticed a slightly tilt of the trem toward the front. The back of the trem is more lifted at the bottom end than the front end. I adjusted the springs a little more but, Is that normal? Should the JT-6 be flat on the body of the guitar?... all the guitars owned by me got vintage trems, this is my first floyd type trem on a guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Re: JT-6 Setting

The plate of the trem (flat part on the bottom) should be parallel to the body, although some like it tilted slightly forward. Floyds can be a little bit of a pain to set up, but once it is done, you don't really have to change anything unless you change string gauges. Adjust the springs, retune, adjust retune, etc. until it is right. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks, need intonation tips and help also...

Comment

Intonation is a big pain in the butt. You will get many opinions on how to do it. Some say to compare the open string with the twelfth fret note. Some say compare the first fret note with the thirteenth, and some compare the twelfth fret note to the twelfth fret harmonic. In any case, if the note at the twelfth fret is sharp, move the saddle back. If the note is flat, move the saddle forward.

Comment

Working...
        X