Removing logo's from pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing logo's from pickups

<font color="yellow">Is there a way to safely remove the logo's from pickups??

I seem to remember a post a long time ago addressing this, but I can't recall when it was tho [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img].

I have a couple of Duncans that have the logo, and I want to remove it.

What is the best way to do that [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]??

Thanks </font>

Re: Removing logo\'s from pickups

I used a little bit of the old lady's nail polish remover on a cotton patch and it came off in seconds. Not too much, you don't wanna soak the coils bro. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Hey, thanks Scott...I appreciate the quick response [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'll have to ask Mrs LPC if I can raid her stash [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, we each have our own bathroom, and I don't know where any of her stuff is [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

i use a buffer.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          i use a buffer.

[/ QUOTE ] I respect that Sully. But in the time it takes to drag out the buffer and get it going he could've been done and onto more important things...like playing Big Red!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Use BRASSO (a brass cleaner)

Nailpolish remover can leave a slight haze

Comment

i've heard about brasso, myself, but can't find it anywhere. bret (slo100) recommends it highly (which carries a lot of weight with me). where can you get it?

the acetone in the nail polish remover would concern me that it would leave a bit of a haze like naptha does.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, you can get Brasso in grocery stores. Ball-Mart. Target. Places like that. Got any of them in Big D? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i've heard about brasso, myself, but can't find it anywhere. bret (slo100) recommends it highly (which carries a lot of weight with me). where can you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">They sell it in little "wooden floored" hardware stores. I love those places...... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Brasso should ring a bell with Sam, he is a Marine, you know.
                    Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Sully, you can get Brasso in grocery stores. Ball-Mart. Target. Places like that. Got any of them in Big D? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

we have target and walmart. grocery stores, too! complete with horse hitches out in front, so you can tie your horse safely. which is WAY better than lettin the poor guy roam the parking lot.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we have target and walmart. grocery stores, too! complete with horse hitches out in front, so you can tie your horse safely. which is WAY better than lettin the poor guy roam the parking lot.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I meant the other direction: not horses, I meant that I don't think Neiman Marcus or Saks or the places like that (like you have in Dallas) carry it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm from East Texas, 'member? (Key word: from.)
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Does nail polish remover have acetone? I thought it was isopropanol. If it does have acetone definitely beware: that stuff'll eat right through plastic if you're not careful.

Comment

I have used toothpaste and a Q-tip and it worked like a charm. The next dental checkup for my Duncans are in 3 months

Comment

hammer and chisel...instant relic'd pickup. You charge more for it if you decide to sell it becuase it will be a "custom" piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X