Rhoads Polka Dot Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Polka Dot Flying V

Hey folks. First time poster here (and novice guitarist). I just bought a mint polka dot v on eBay (still awaiting delivery) and am wondering what they are worth right now. I paid $1600, which I am sure was too much, but figured that they should appreciate over time. Even if it doesn't appreciate, it was worth it to me to have a limited edition Rhoads guitar.

BTW, Ed Roman has 7 of these (all brand new and in the original packing) which he is selling for $3900 ea., although, he said he would come down.

Any thoughts?

Re: Rhoads Polka Dot Flying V

Everything I have ever heard about the guy points towards throwing your money down the toilet then smacking yourself in the head with a tack hammer as a better use of your time and money than dealing with him.

Comment

I have seen them go for less and seen them go for more.As far as appreciation goes they haven't increased much in value in a couple of years. I am sure the market and the economy have a lot to do with that though. It is a very nice guitar, I have one and it is one of my favorite players, sounds great and has the Randy vibe all over it...congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Shawn. I think you paid a reasonable amount for it, especially if you're a Rhoads fan (of course, anyone who doesn't like Randy is an idiot IMO [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] !) BTW, avoid Ed Roman like the black plague!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up re: Ed Roman!

Comment

Fritz, can you give us the eBay URL?
            Just curious!

R
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here you go, Racer X:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...930182075&rd=1

I just received the guitar yesterday. Sweet!

In case you read the sellers feedback, you'll notice that I left him negative f/b because of a delay in shipping. That was beyond his control and I apologized to him for leaving the bad press.

He done me right! Thanks, Tim!

Comment

The guitar sounds great; I don't, though! I am just getting back into guitar after many years of laying off.

My life:
                Teens/early 20s-lots of time/no money
                mid 20s/early 30s-money but no time
                now-some money and some time=Rhoads Polka Dot V

I also bought a new Jackson DKMGT and am looking to start my fledgling Charvel collection. Happen to know where I can get a Model 1 (non-trem)? Oops, wrong forum. Sorry!

My wife thinks that I will have more time for her projects now that football season is just about over. Boy, do I have a surprise for her!

Comment

Heh heh, you gun-jumper, you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

TRoser is well-known here.

How does your new axe play?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X