More Eye Candy - EVH Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Eye Candy - EVH Fans

Sorry for the quality of the pics, my camera died after the first few and the rest were low res from a different camera.

Enjoy! It's supposed to be the only one in the world. Grover made it for Ed, Ed gave it/sold it to a local friend of mine who's a good friend of Ed's.

Pat

Re: More Eye Candy - EVH Fans

Awesome!!

Comment

There are a few Just like it, but with VH fret inlays. I think GMW did 2 or 3?

Comment

I think they did to as well as Roman. But were they Jackson's? I don't recall seeing another Jackson anywhere, could be worng though, just going by someone's word...

I'd like to know though.

Pat

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Very cool guitar.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I think I remember reading that Ed traded that axe for a 59 Strat.
            Could be wrong though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, a Moser {the M in GMW} just was on E-Bay and failed to meet reserve

CLICK HERE

Comment

I'll ask him about the trade? I don't doubt it tho, he's gotten Ed over 100 guitars to date.

I'll post when I find out.

Thanx!
                Pat

Comment

If your friends name is Dan Martin, thats how he got it.

Comment

That's the one...

Thanx!
                    Pat

Comment

The 7/88 issue of Guitar World is 1 of my bathroom reading mags.
                      Thats how come I remembered that.(It's been read quit a few times in the 14 years I've had it) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      There is a nice article about your friend in it.
                      Along with a big feature on Ed.
                      Apparently, it was a Mint Strat with a C neck.(Whatever the hell that means)
                      Thanks for posting a topic where I can look smart. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i have a pic of Mike Shannon holding that gtr before the paint job, gmw made 3 with VH inlays

Comment

Thanx for the info! Very much appreciated! I could ask Dan, but anytime I ask about Ed or whatever, I'm usually there for a good hour, he's got a lot of interesting stories about Ed and times they've had together. Super guy tho. I think someone around here recently bought an SL1 Pile o Skulls from him as well...

Good people and thanx again!
                          Pat

Comment

I didn't think that ED ever owned that VH guitar? If he did it was only for a day or 2. It shows that Grover was big in the logo business and trying to inforce the Jackson Logo on every rockstar that he could find. That VH guitar is a novelty that Jackson (Grover) was trying to use as a billboard for Jackson's gain.
                            Look at the backstage passes. All from the VH III era. Sorry but the guitar may be the only one in the world and may have been a last ditch effort to win EVH back. But the floyd on it is way passed the pre kramer era. Or it could have been at the same time. Jackson (Grover) was really trying to grab EVH he knew it would only make his guitar business fly.
                            Pat, I would like to know what your friend knows about the HG story though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

I can post a picture of Mike Shannon holding that guitar on Monday - I have it a work.

My 0.02 cents - not facts just thoughts and stories I've heard and read.

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

Comment

Hoss,

Well, according to Dan, the owner of this guitar, he did get it from Ed, When? Not a clue, but I'll ask. I know that Ed has buyback rights to it if it's ever sold, well I don't know this, but it came from Dan and I have no reason not to believe him, at this time anyway.

The backstage passes are just for display and he's has a sh!tload of EVH paraphanalia in his office and his home, along with a few of Ed's guitars.

I'll have to ask him for more info on it, maybe I can get him to send me some history on that and the HG.

Shoot me an email with any specifics you'd like me to ask about in reference to either guitars, I started getting into the HG thread in the SD forum, but lost focus, err.

Let me know and I'll post whatever I find...

Thanx!
                              Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X