what brand/size pots for 750xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what brand/size pots for 750xl?

I'm going to swap out the EMGs in my 750xl for a set of Duncans. What would be the best pots to go in there (brand/size etc.)? Thanks

Travis

Re: what brand/size pots for 750xl?

Any standard 500K pot will work fine.

I've got two solid shaft CTS 500K pots that I'll never use if you want them. The shafts are a hair bigger and won't fit a standard metal dome knob. A Jackson USA dome knob should fit (I've been told).

Comment

Will they fit the body route, or would the holes need to be enlarged a little to fit the larger shaft?

Comment

If the holes in your 750 are the original ones and had the 50K pots for the preamp, you may need to enlarge them slightly for the CTS pots. In my experience, the CTS pots normally have a 3/8 inch diameter, whereas the originals were most like 5/16 or the metric equivalent.It is such a small amount to remove, you can do it with a small file if you don't want to take a drill to you guitar.

Comment

I just pulled the tone pot from my 750 (all original, no preamp in these,btw) & it's 500k with the narrower ~5/16" diameter. I checked it with a CTS pot & it will require a tiny bit of filing or drilling, but the good news is that the clear coat stops well outside the hole and it is tapered to accept a sort of conical washer. It should be no problem at all for you to enlarge it with no danger of chipping the finish. Personally, I'd use a good sharp drill bit.

Comment

I actually did mine with a woodboring bit by hand-I just spun it around in the hole until it went through-took about 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X