Low E string wont stay in tune with Tremsetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low E string wont stay in tune with Tremsetter

i recently got a hipshot tremsetter installed on my peavey wolfgang evh standard and my strings are all staying in tune very well, but my low e string isnt. if i bend a note lets say 2 steps up on the string, it will go out of tune about 10 cents. i have no clue what is causing this. i have a d-tuna installed and it does not affect the tuning of any strings when i pull the d-tuna out so i believe the tremsetter is set up correctly. anything i could check to see if its set up right? perhaps something small is causing this? thanks, ben.

Re: Low E string wont stay in tune with Tremsetter

Perhaps it's something related to the locking nut

Comment

You evh should have a blocked floyd. I'm not sure a tremsetter is doing you any good at all.

Comment

Yep, we discussed this in your previous thread about whether or not to put a tremsetter on a Wolfgang. Several of us said exactly what hammer just did. If your axe is set up right, the tremsetter should return the trem to exactly where it was blocked in the first place.

Comment

well could it be because it was made by Fender, and not the original Hipshot? i bought it off ebay and it looked like it came from a store. someone told me that the Fender ones arent as good as the originals.

theres nothing that i could check on it to see if its set up right? i really dont want to take it back to the shop.

Comment

The Wolfgang's Floyd already rests on the body for divebombs only. There's no need for a Tremsetter.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

well i personally have had very bad experiences with the wolfgang guitars staying in tune. i now got the tremsetter and every string stays in tune very solidly, except the low E. i called the local guitar store and he said the wolfgang floyds are set up very "differently" than guitars from the 80s that originally had them (ESP, Charvel, Jackson, Kramer..etc) its not a bad thing, its just different. guess ill just have to deal with it.

Comment

"Different" = already rests on the body (i.e., is non-floating). If everything is in order, there's no reason your low E should be going out with or without the tremsetter.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

everything is in order, i just dont know whats wrong with it. ill see if i can fix it by messin with it

Comment

Are you stretching your low E string enough before you lock the nut down? Also, like Agresivo mentioned, maybe the lock nut for the E/A string is not holding right... try turning it sideways and see if it helps.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yes, i stretch the strings everytime i put new strings on. its all holding tune now though. i think they never stretched the strings before tightening them and locking down the nut. but every string staying in tune. thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X