Thunderfunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderfunk

I don't even play bass and I want one. The bassist in my band bought one and it's waaayyyy killer. It sounds well rounded and thunderous! It's worth checking out! You WILL be heard!

Re: Thunderfunk

link? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Oops. I thought I put it there. I remember I copied it, I guess I never pasted it. Never trust a guitar player with anything that has to do with bass.

http://www.thunderfunk.com/

Comment

What, no bass players out there?

Comment

one here, but i have no experience with Thunderfunk.
          "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Here too, but never heard of Thunderfunk; I use a Mesa M-Pulse 600 for a head.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

here's my rig ( though i may be playing through a 'peg soon!) [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

alex, i don't know why, but i thought you were a guitar player. good to know another bass player member as we are few here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I use a Thunderfunk and it crushes. Smooth and loud. Very warm amp.

Comment

That link was worth it just for this pic...The cause of the toxic sound? You guessed it, FRANK STALLONE! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      alex, i don't know why, but i thought you were a guitar player. good to know another bass player member as we are few here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a guitarist (for the last 15 years). But, about a year ago, I bought some bass gear, and lately I have taken bass very seriously, and have been taking lessons since March. I also bought some first rate bass gear in the last 3 months.

It has been a lot of fun for me. I jam with a few guys, and having me play bass instead of guitar just fills things out better.

- Eric
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I'm kinda the same. I mostly play guitar, but I've fooled around with bass for recording and what not. I would find myself learning tunes. My bass influences are Steve Harris, Geddy Lee, Billy Sheehan, Stu Hamm, Louis Johnson, Victor Wooten, and others I can't think of right now. Bass is great. It's a fun instrument. If I had the gear, I would totally play bass in a band.

Comment

I hadn't heard of Thunderfunk either, until now. Thanks for the enlightenment. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Yeppers- guitarist here too, but I picked up the bass about a year ago. I've always loved bass and wanted to learn to play one in addition to my guitars.
                          Now I'm hooked. I have very long fingers and I really enjoy reaching around the fretboard, gives me a great workout.
                          Take some of Stetina's exercises and apply them to bass... it's hell, but oh-so-much fun! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I would say my three major bass influences are Flea, Joey Vera and Mike Starr.

Em

Comment

Working...
                          X