ScottIan JJ2---any fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottIan JJ2---any fans?

I'm new here--& I just got a new JJ2 & LOVE it!!

I've noticed there aren't any pictures of these in the gallery??
    It seems these would be more popular w/the stringthru body & oiled-neck & neckthru & killer ScottIan customshop pickups($150.apeice from seymourD.) & this thing is the lightest weight guitar I've played,and that's w/mahagony body & neck...Mine is Tobacco Burst & $549.00 from ebay--I'm VERY happy w/this deal! I've been patient & have been looking for a deal on one of these & finally got it!

Re: ScottIan JJ2---any fans?

I have thought about getting one too. There is one on eBay now for $699 The body seems a bit small to me, though. That is one things that is holding me back.

Comment

The one for $699 also has an overbuff on the headstock downd to the wood, the owner sent me a picture!! I can`t believe how cheap these things are going for. There is a New one at my local guitar center for $899. Also, the trans colors have a mahogany body, the solid colors or graphics have alder. Jack.

Comment

I also love the look of them and plan on one day getting a JJ Custom Shop made with 24 frets, neck-thru, string-thru body, kill switch, Bullseye paintjob! I'm getting a Hamer Special FM soon from Oklastrat here on this board, and it's pretty much the same shape, so that will hold me over for awhile! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've got to tell ya I've had this JJ2 for over a week & it's the best guitar I've played---better than my Lespaul Standard, Carvin dc-400, & RR1 Jackson!!
          I'd quickly buy that one on ebay for 699. if I hadn't bought this one for $549...ebay!

Comment

i played this one at a shop close to my house. it was damn sweet!! too bad he want's way more than i can afford being unemployed and all

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=931822623
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Is the JJ comfortable to play sitting down? The body seems small in photos.

Comment

You played that "ORANGE CAMOUFLAGED JJ2"??
                That thing deffinately looks different!

I've never played my JJ2 sitting down, the way it's shaped should be no problem...I deffinately wouldn't let the fact that the bodies kind of small hold ya from buying one.

[ December 30, 2002, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: RR1HOTROD ]

Comment

Woohoo!
                  I've been looking for a simple and distinctive paintjob for my Gunslinger, and that orange camo is perfect!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the way they look and would pick one up used if I come across one at a local store where I can try it out first.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yah, it's real nice like i said before. it's supposed to be a custom shop axe, 1 of 2 blah blah blah. i'd buy it if i had the dinero. the paint job take a little getting used to. LOL
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

If that's one of two, how come Scott's is different? His has the same Gumby headstock, but has black humbuckers and not painted P-90s, a kill switch and, I believe, a tone control. Also, his is white and not yellow looking like in that ebay auction. Are there a couple different versions floating around?

[ December 30, 2002, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I bought the other JJ2 that was on eBay. Can't wait to get it. Now if I could just stop thinking about that BC Rich Mockingbird on the OLSG site.

Comment

Did you buy that "tobacco sunburst" JJ2 or that orange camo jj2??

If you got the 'Tobacco', good job--that's what I got from ebay & I'm freekin' lovin' it!
                            The killswitch & those pickups are alot of fun!

Comment

Oh---I played my JJ2 sitting down last night & it was just fine---alot like my lespaul.

I still prefer to stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X