Jackson KE2 USA Select Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KE2 USA Select Series

Hi, everybody! I was going to go to my local guitar center tomorow to buy a Jackson KE2! I was wondering what are some of your opinions on it. Also, I have only been playing guitar 2years and I don't know to much about floyd equiped guitars and maintence so is it smart to jump up to such a expensive guitar? All feedback is welcomed. Thanks!

Re: Jackson KE2 USA Select Series

---I'm not very fond of FloydRose-I HAD a RR1 w/floyd, HATED-IT----hardtail bridge is the only way to go, in my opinion!
    It was difficult to keep it in tune, that darn floyd seems to expand & contract w/temp.changes knockin it out of tune(just my experience)--I got a Carvin w/floyd, seems to stay in tune better, go figure.
    If yer buyin new, go w/hardtail!!
    ESPECIALLY string thru body, I just got a new JJ2 w/stringthru & it's great!

Comment

i dont think they have any non-trem kellys there. i have a Piece of **** bc rich warlock right now with a licensed floyd and it ALWAYS stays in tune and the kelly has the real floyd so i dont think i'll have any problems with that.

Comment

There are a few non-trem kelly's.

KE1 Marty Friedman sig.
        KE1T stings thru Friedman
        KE2T stings thru KE2

'Course to get one of em you gotta go used.

[ December 25, 2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Guitarzan ]

Comment

my main guitar is a ke-2 and i have no complaints with it. NONE! i love it.

Comment

I have a KE2 in Trans Black...LOVE IT! It will feel odd at first, but once you adjust, it's very comfy.
            Good to sit and stand with!
            Floyds are AGGRIVATING at first! Once you get the hang of them, they are VERY easy to handle. If you want to have any sort of whammy action..a Floyd is the way to go.(well...A Kahler is good too..but they drive me NUTS!)
            Pick one up if possible and play it..so you konw if it feels right.

Comment

Floyds rule and will not go out of tune when properly set up. When putting on new strings, be sure to stretch the hell out of them, tune to pitch, stretch some more, tune, stretch, repeat process until they no longer go out of tune, lock down the nut, use the fine tuners to compensate for any slightly sharp/flat strings that occur from the pressure of the nut being locked, and you're good to go.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam hit the nail on the head on that explenation [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That is how I do it, the locking nut doesn`t get locked for at least one day of playing and retuning. Jack.

Comment

hey guys, thanks!! this is my first jackson ever! i like marty friedman so thats one reason i liked the kelly. hey guys, i dont think i'm getting the kelly from guitar center today though. the guy wants $1,897.99 for the ke2 in trans black. i'm going to try to find it cheaper right now. the guitar center has a sl1 and kv2 for only 1000 dollars though so i dont know if i should that. i sorta like the ke2 better, but i'm a lead guitarist and i hear you cant really solo on the kelly. well thanks for all the replies so far!

Comment

Can't solo on the Kelly?!? Ever hear of Marty Friedman? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I can solo on my Kelly XLR very easily (ok, so maybe I suck, but it can be done)! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the gc's in atlanta usually get 1349.99 for them...let your gc know that...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

yea, i told the guitar center guy who was helping me that i saw that onlinestagegear.com had ke2's for like 1299.99 and i'm like "so can you give me a better price" and hes like "hmm...nope..sorry.. cant do that" i think he thinks i'm an idiot since i'm only 15 and i'm buying this expensive guitar. he ordered it in trans black and i'm going to try it out next week when it arrives. i'm just going to play it though and say "ahh i dont really like the feel of this" becuase theres no way i'm paying 2000dollars for a guitar i saw for 1000dollars on other websites. And hey, does any body here know if a SL2H or SL1 or Kv2 or RR1 would be better guitars to solo on? i need a real shredder guitar, i like the ke2 but i'm not that sure if about the access to the higher frets.

Comment

The upper frets are VERY easy to reach..as on all USA Jacksons.
                          Like I said before, I LOVE my Kelly..it's awesome to play, and VERY comfy..sitting or standing. I don't have the nosedive problem people say they have...I use a leather strap, and play with my guitar higher than most people..soo go figure!

As far as a being a shredding machine, I saw Megadeth twice when Marty was in the band....like we all know, he RIPS it out..on a Kelly!
                          You just can't go wrong with a USA Jackson!
                          [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ December 27, 2002, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: MetalChef ]

Comment

You can't go wrong with the kv-2 or ke2. If you like to play sitting down more often than not, you should probably stick to the Ke2. If you're on your feet alot, the kv-2 is much better balanced (imo) while standing.

Comment

oh ok thanks guys. what colors do you think, in your opinion look good on a kelly 2? i was thinking about just black (does anybody know if friedman has a black one) or trans black. maybe even a graphic, but i think a graphic on a kelly maybe overdoing it

Comment

Working...
                              X