need serial # help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need serial # help

Whats up?I want to know if this guiatr is legit.Serial #2403.Its supposed to be a 1987 jackson strat.What the best way to find out before I buy it?

Re: need serial # help

i dont know if they still do but jackson used to look up serial#s for you. there was a form on the web site to do a serial# info request. if its is still there they will give u all the info. when they were doing that, it took a while about 3 weeks for me to get the info on my guitars.

if they dont do it I hope those FENDER guys add that feature or give US a phone # so we can get serial# info. i thought it was great to find out when my soloist was made & where it originally sold from/ordered by & that its was exactly as it left the factory.........original

Comment

I went on the jackson site and checked the serial #. But would this be considered a custom shop being that it is from 87 or would you look under jackson usa guitars?It doesnt match up if you look under jackson usa???????????

Comment

#2403 is under Jackson Custom Shop Bolt On and shows as 87-89 - Chart

Matt

Comment

Thanks.I wasnt sure if it was custom or not.

Comment

2403 would be from 1987 through 1989, as was mentioned by Matt. There are a few ways to narrow it down, the most accurate would be to examine the trem cavity looking for a date of completion. While not on every Jackson of that time, they were quite common. The neck heel and body's neck pocket can also indicate the date. Other ways are to look at the trem system. If it's the Schaller/Jackson JT-590 then it's very likely a 1989. If it's the Jackson JT-6 then it's either an '87 or '88. The nut would tell too, cause a lot of guys will swap out the JT-6 with a Floyd at some point. A pic would be most helpful to narrow it down.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

look at the archives.Its ser # 2403 owned by kev.Its a grayish color but I THINK THEY CALL IT SHORE LINE GOLD.He said its a 1987.

Comment

Oh yea its a strat.

Comment

Working...
                X