Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Japan quality

Hi all,

I have my eye on a few 80's era Made in Japan Charvel basses (p-bass type) on ebay and would appreciate any opinions you might have on the quality of these basses. I have always been a Fender guy, but am currently putting an 80's project together and would like to give one a try.

Thanks in advance,

FC

Re: Charvel Japan quality

i love all of my 3b basses and the quality is equal (IMO) of usa jacksons! and they are usually had for decent prices
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

i have owned an 87 3b (know year thanks to jcf) since 1990. I bought it used and the only change I made was to replace original pu's with EMG's. i have tried basses by spector, warwick, fender, esp and even jackson thinking maybe I should "upgrade" and nothing moved me enough to make a change. they are built well with quality components and are very durable. i played in a speed metal band in the early 90's that gigged and practiced alot. the bass to this day plays like the day i got it. for what i have seen them going for online you can't go wrong. MAKE THE MOVE YOU Won't Regret it.
      "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

I have two Charvel basses, a 3B and an Eliminator, and they're both great. The only problem I've ever run into is that the active electronics sometimes die and the seller may not mention it...or just assume that they're passive. Then again, not all models have active electronics, but both of mine do.
        sigpic

Comment

the pups are passive but i like the jackson electronics. to me, emgs are too much low and are kinda dull. my 3bs and my usa jacksons for that matter are a lot brighter in tone. if any of you guys want to trade emgs for the jackson pups AND electronics,i have a couple of sets of emgs
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
          X