Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Sarj has settled on a USA Jackson........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Sarj has settled on a USA Jackson........

After a long search for what I can call a versitile guitar that suits my needs and all of em, I finaly settled on an SL-1. I got to play another one today and it was set up with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge. It sounded killer! The feel had to grow on me as I have never realy played a neck thru guitar for any ammount of time. After a couple of hours I got hooked. I will be going with the snake skin or the red blue pearl...........pile o skulls maybe, but it will be an SL-1 for sure and will have a Duncan Distortion added. I just can't seem to find another guitar that does it like Jackson does.

Re: Looks like Sarj has settled on a USA Jackson........

You don`t like the JB either huh? Alot of us don`t, they are shrilly in an Alder guitar, they are great for searing solos, but that is about it, they have great pinch harmonics. I also, like the Distortion better for the lower end and for Metal in general. Great choice on guitars and pickup [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, the JB just doesn't have the squeel I need. I need to go from RATT to Sepultura in a matter of seconds. What's nice about the Distortion for my ears anyway is if I want a JB type of sound I can adjust tone and volume and what not to acheive it. The SL-1 hands down has all the stuff I need. I have yet to see something that can beat it. Besides, when i get it, I can lawfuly post on the USA Jackson area. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i got an sl2h but it's the one with the mahogany body(special edition). Do you think the jb will sound good in it? I have a duncan distortion in my current guitar and im thinking about swapping them around but i also want a decent clean sound so that might not be a great idea. I guess ill just have to wait till my guitar gets here....waiting is so hard, especially when i have to listen to all you talk about how nice your jacksons are.

Comment

Funny you guys mention how you prefer the Distortion over the JB. I myself used to hate the JB, but after switching amps, have found it to be the finest pickup in a neck through Jackson. I think the total sound of someone's rig is way more than just one pickup, you gotta look at the amp, playing style, effects, strings, cables, etc.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have an SL2H and I'm fine with the JB. I just roll back the highs a little and it's fine. I've never trieda Distortion in an alder body so I can't really comment on that. But I love the JB.

Comment

I think the JB`s sound very good in Mahogany bodied guitars, it kinda mellows out the Mids and Highs that the JB has alot of. I also agree, amps,woods,cables,alot of things can make a pickup/guitar sound different. Dave Mustaine uses the JB for it`s great harmonics, so the pickup is very versitile, but he has alot of money to put into his rig to make things sound exactly the way he wants, nothing wrong with that [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                  I think the JB`s sound very good in Mahogany bodied guitars, it kinda mellows out the Mids and Highs that the JB has alot of. I also agree, amps,woods,cables,alot of things can make a pickup/guitar sound different. Dave Mustaine uses the JB for it`s great harmonics, so the pickup is very versitile, but he has alot of money to put into his rig to make things sound exactly the way he wants, nothing wrong with that [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool! I can't wait to get that Hamer FM Special from Pete. It's mahogany body/mahogany set neck with maple top and has the JB in the bridge and '59 in the neck. I've never owned a guitar with the JB but am excited to try it out. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've had a Distortion in a mahogony LP guitar. It ripped! It sounded real good with all the mids sucked out on the amp and pedal ( BOSS Metal Zone ). They sound killer in alder too. My rig is cheap and simple. I'm not one to brag, but for what I have, it blows away the Marshall AVT series amps and Randall RG series amps. Beleive it or not, I use a very simple CRATE GX 65 1X12 combo, BOSS Metal Zone, DOD FX9 Delay and a Morely Pro Series Wah. I use a realy cheap Nady wireles that tends to compress the sound a little. All that in conjunction with my Distortion bucker loaded into my DK2 makes for one hell of a sound for me. I have had a few compliments. I played side by side with friends who have Marshall AVT's and Randall's and they said my rig sounded better. I'm not too into mid range at all. I usualy suck it all out. All I need is a 4X12 cab for some extra punch and I got it made.

Comment

Working...
                    X